Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an appointment to get my tattoo etc, ive already seen my tattooist, to draw it up, its a really simple design, and im thinking about having it on my right wrist, ankle..back...neck...ugh probably those areas

It's basically this:

Basically im a biiig harry potter fan, and wanted something for my second tattoo that meant a lot to me, and reflected 'me' from the ages 10-20, and the first thing i thought of was harry potter!! It was this or the snitch, and i thought this would be a bit more adult lol

I've already got a tattoo on my left wrist (3 star outlines in black) and have reserved my right foot for another tattoo im hoping to get on my birthday.

so views on where it should go really?

(also i dont want my hip..mainly as im still loosing weight and i dont want it to get distorted on that area)

ReputationRep:
    Have it big, that size, on your ribs. The back of your neck is the best out of the areas you listed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Have it big, that size, on your ribs. The back of your neck is the best out of the areas you listed.

hehe the ribs are a no go..my boobs cover most of that area lol

ReputationRep:
    Back of the neck.

ReputationRep:
    I want mine on the back of my neck, I think it can look sexy and plus, when you want tyo be formal and dressy, it's easy to hide .
    I don't know what to get though!

ReputationRep:
    Face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    hehe the ribs are a no go..my boobs cover most of that area lol
    Awww :sad: I think I have a slight thing for ribs, it'd look awesome.

Then again...

Boobs > Ribs :p:

ReputationRep:
    if you want a decent job not anywhere visible with clothes on..if not then neck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Back of the neck.

Hmm seems a good place...im just worried because i don't have a long neck..plus my hair etc..its quite thick and when im not working i'm always wearing it down.

What about inbetween my shoulder blades?

ReputationRep:
    I always like the idea of lower back or ankle both of which would need to be quite small though.

I want a lizard at the bottom of my back :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    if you want a decent job not anywhere visible with clothes on..if not then neck

why would not making it anywhere visable mean its not going to be a decent job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    I always like the idea of lower back or ankle both of which would need to be quite small though.

I want a lizard at the bottom of my back :o:

my friend has this fab lizard going up her foot..is amazing. I actually have a phobia of lizards though lol

ReputationRep:
    What is the image? Looks ugly to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Hmm seems a good place...im just worried because i don't have a long neck..plus my hair etc..its quite thick and when im not working i'm always wearing it down.

What about inbetween my shoulder blades?
    Yeah inbetween the shoulder blades would also be fine

ReputationRep:
    I'd say wrist or ankle...

ReputationRep:
    I presume you've checked with various Trusts that you might end up working in, on their appearance policies? Whilst generally nurses can get away with tattoos, I do know a couple of trusts which are stricter, even certain departments within a single Trust can have specific policies.

ReputationRep:
    forehead so it's even more like harry potter

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm lower neck me thinky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I presume you've checked with various Trusts that you might end up working in, on their appearance policies? Whilst generally nurses can get away with tattoos, I do know a couple of trusts which are stricter, even certain departments within a single Trust can have specific policies.

ah dw, im ok with tatts, fair few people have cuffs...huge tattoos up their legs etc and are qualified nurses doing well in their career, i know a few who even have many facial piercings lol

im sure one or two won't get a second glance, ive been on pratice and i work as a HCA too and they've always complimented lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)

this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.