Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my room is booked for the anvil but im wondering about the internet anyone know any details?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniella1990)
    my room is booked for the anvil but im wondering about the internet anyone know any details?
    Unite do their own wireless internet service. You pay a one off fee for the entire year. They do two packages, a lite usage one which gives you 2mb speed for one price and a high usage which is 6mb I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powersymphonia)
    Unite do their own wireless internet service. You pay a one off fee for the entire year. They do two packages, a lite usage one which gives you 2mb speed for one price and a high usage which is 6mb I think.
    ah i see, ive got the lite usage one included with the rent im paying just wondered prices and things like that

ReputationRep:
    It's not wireless at the anvil. It's wired. You'll be connected to the lite service when you move in, and they provide a network cable for it. They'll give you your internet login username when you check in, too.

The service speeds are 512kbps (lite) and 2mb (super), at The Anvil at least. Not sure what Powersymphonia might be referring to. Lite gives you a 10GB download limit per calendar month, Super is 30GB. If you exceed either limit your speed comes down for the rest of the calendar month.

You turn on your computer, with it hooked up to the net, and open up your browser, and you'll have a page up that allows you to upgrade the internet if you want to. It's about £5/week. It certainly was last year, and for the summer, but they might change it in September- though I doubt it. You can pay all up front, or half in September, half in January.

Hope this helps. It's all accurate to how things are at The Anvil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suek)
    It's not wireless at the anvil. It's wired. You'll be connected to the lite service when you move in, and they provide a network cable for it. They'll give you your internet login username when you check in, too.

The service speeds are 512kbps (lite) and 2mb (super), at The Anvil at least. Not sure what Powersymphonia might be referring to. Lite gives you a 10GB download limit per calendar month, Super is 30GB. If you exceed either limit your speed comes down for the rest of the calendar month.

You turn on your computer, with it hooked up to the net, and open up your browser, and you'll have a page up that allows you to upgrade the internet if you want to. It's about £5/week. It certainly was last year, and for the summer, but they might change it in September- though I doubt it. You can pay all up front, or half in September, half in January.

Hope this helps. It's all accurate to how things are at The Anvil
    if i remember rightly you said you lived at anvil. what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniella1990)
    if i remember rightly you said you lived at anvil. what did you do?
    I went for the Super, but I play games and do a lot of internetty stuff.

ReputationRep:
    hey suek, just wanted to ask you - is the Super package adequate for online gaming? (I am thinking warhammer).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.