Turn on thread page Beta

Help, how can I have a decent hair style? (pic) watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well im not sure about the hair and all but keep up the guitar

ReputationRep:
    You look lovely in the first one
    Keep the short straight hair and try using a different shampoo to make it shiny or something.
    And wear more make up

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes have similar problems to you. I think your hair might look better if you grew it and then got it styled professionally, and shaped to your face. For the mean time if you are worried about damaging your hair, there's some good heat protection sprays and serums you can use before straightening your hair.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE your natural hair! ^_^
    Maybe wear more make-up to avoid looking younger? But absolutely definitely keep the short, natural hair

ReputationRep:
    No help but you look a bit like Bridget in Neighbours

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest grow it a bit more, use heat protection shampoos and creams and why not help the natural waves by using curlers?

Anyways, grow your fringe out and go for a gorgeous sweeping fringe. I would also suggest wearing a bit more make-up to make your pretty eyes stand out more

ReputationRep:
    I really like your natural hair! It doesn't make you look bad at all! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... maybe try letting the fringe grow a bit till it's down to the top of your cheekbone, just below the eye. then side-part it.

Who are these people saying you look 15 and ugly??? You really, really don't.

I must say though... I think it looks really good straightened. You don't look like a boy with it like that. You look interesting, genuine and different from all the plastic, cyborg clones that you see everyday. I really like it.

Just buy a really good moisturising shampoo & conditioner to get your hair back to its healthy state, and then get a serum/cream/spray to use before you straighten. I'd also recommend going to a good hair salon and buying these from there.. usually pricier but they're much better than anything from pantene/garnier... the common stuff. I use Joico products... they're unbelievably good. A bit much but it's worth investing in them, trust me.

If you really want something different, I'd also suggest getting a streak or two of colour thrown in there. Have it starting from underneath though.. not from the top of your head. They can look really good, and I think it would suit you quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiStYfire~)
    I straighten it everyday but Ive noticed its started to damage it a bit and I look like a boy
    Heat protection spray is your friend! Its not expensive and it will protect your hair from getting anymore damaged.
    I dont think you look boyish, I think you look mardy. I dont mean this in an offensive way; you have a naturally down-pointing mouth exactly like I do. Its workable though haha!
    Personally if you wanted to straighten it (even on occasions) I'ld have a few layers put in at the top so you can give it some volume as it looks quite flat. A bit puffed up but not an afro
    Dont go for too many layers though! They can be evil.
    Get some nice shampoo (I recommend Pantene Pro V so much) to give your hair a bit more healthiness, some shine and bounce.
    Maybe get a few flattering highlights? Though I have a feeling thats not your type of thing..
    If you keep it curly, get some curl creme that you put in after shampoo to make them more defined and less frizzy. It doesnt have to be the expensive stuff, apparently Boots own brand stuff is quite good, but its all trial and error really.

yet if I leave my hair naturally wavy I still look bad (even in the opinion of others). Im growing it a bit more even though I don't like having long hair I could cope with it being eventually just above shoulder length.
    I think slightly longer would suit you better. Plus, its more vertasile:yep:
    By the way, Im presuming you asked the other people? Rather than they just told you? Just a thought but confidence makes everyone more attractive..

Other girls have wavy hair and look nice but I look a mess, someone said my face is just naturally ugly lol it might be my face thats the problem... lots of people say I look about 15 I don't know if thats cause of my hair, height or what.
    Other girls could basically be bald and still look alright. Damn them:p:
    I dont think you are naturally ugly, it doesnt help however that you look quite glum. However dont do what I used to do; I was so worried about my down-sided mouth that I used to walk around smiling all the time, it looked very unnatural and like I was a bit erm not all there
    I think your face could look completely different with makeup. Just accentuate your eyes, it wouldnt take long, and you would give off a much friendly impression. However if thats not your thing, then just be confident

What an essay..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alias__)
    I LOVE your natural hair! ^_^
    Maybe wear more make-up to avoid looking younger? But absolutely definitely keep the short, natural hair
    men + make up= just wont do using make up shows that you don't have confidence in your body and men need to be confident therefore i would rather advice the kid to get some scars like a warrior e.g. a cut on the nose or cheek!

Your hair would look better if you gel'd it backwards or a extreme mohawk and if you want to look casual low but wide spikes overlapping eachother like waves to the forehead.

HAIR SPIKE:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Good looking scars(at your own risk):
    Spoiler:
    Show

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.