Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    gayy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoSp)
    Now if you are a grown up guy that wants to use make up in order to hide his wrinkles... we're talking for some major insecurity issues right there.
    Makeup doesn't cover wrinkles, just so you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Scouting for Girls? More like Scouting for Boys
    You're so funny..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Makeup doesn't cover wrinkles, just so you know

Proof that I don't even know what the stuff is used for. :P

ReputationRep:
    Wear what you want.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite to most people on here (surprise surprise) in that I find a guy wearing concealer, a bit... dodgy. But then go ga-ga for a guy in eyeliner. I think it's the fact that you can see eyeliner, it's there on your face - it's a statement. Whereas concealer on a guy to me, suggests he's hiding something (bad skin, essentially) which I just don't like the thought of. Yes, I'm utterly hypocritical because I wear makeup myself. But that's the way the cookie crumbles for me.
    perhaps that's why you haven't had a bf and are a virgin :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by breakthru)
    perhaps that's why you haven't had a bf and are a virgin :awesome:
    Perhaps you should mind your own business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Us guys have to maintain our male status which means no makeup, except for hair wax/hair gel if that counts.
    Who said we need to "maintain status"? Wtf...

Anyway. You can get away with concealer easily. It's good for hiding old spots and red marks... just rub it in quite well =]

ReputationRep:
    Scouting for Girls? More like Scouting for Boys

I think guys wearing make up is one of the first stages in having a sex change. :yep:
    that made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    There was a guy at my college doing beauty therapy, who wore more make up than I think I would in a year, and looked amazing. It was amazing - flawless foundation, eyeliner perfect...

Of course, he looked like a freak, but that's not the point.

ReputationRep:
    I think guys wearing make up is one of the first stages in having a sex change. :yep:
    Given that gender and all of its stereotypical associations are social constructions, and sex is predetermined, I think not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scouting for Girls)
    If you're going leave a 'gay' comment don't bother. I am not gay, just curious with the progression in celebrity culture and one's own appearance to conform.

Is there any product guys could get away with? i.e. not make it obvious that they are using any make-up or product on their face? I'm sure there are guys out there who use products normally associated with women whether it be concealer, make-up, eyeliner e.t.c.
    i love makeup on guys not sure about products, google it maybe. just thought i'd give you a posistive comment in between all the people calling you 'wierd' etc. good luck finding some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    There was a guy at my college doing beauty therapy, who wore more make up than I think I would in a year, and looked amazing. It was amazing - flawless foundation, eyeliner perfect...

Of course, he looked like a freak, but that's not the point.
    lol

i'm sorry it's harsh but males with Makeup is not on imo, I don't want to sound narrowminded.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite to most people on here (surprise surprise) in that I find a guy wearing concealer, a bit... dodgy. But then go ga-ga for a guy in eyeliner. I think it's the fact that you can see eyeliner, it's there on your face - it's a statement. Whereas concealer on a guy to me, suggests he's hiding something (bad skin, essentially) which I just don't like the thought of. Yes, I'm utterly hypocritical because I wear makeup myself. But that's the way the cookie crumbles for me.
    Yes, yes, yes! Eyeliner on guys is really sexy. I think I like pretty guys anyway. I don't really mind the idea of concealer or foundation, unless it's overboard like one guy on Snog, Marry & Avoid. He actually used foundation that was about beyonce's colour when he was white. It was really unsettling...

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Just don't do it.
    Seeing make up on a guy would be a major turn off lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    lol

i'm sorry it's harsh but males with Makeup is not on imo, I don't want to sound narrowminded.
    I wouldn't date a bloke who wore make up, simply cos I don't like more feminine men, I like them a bit rugged... Rugby players :coma:

ReputationRep:
    there's a guy who i used to see on the bus everyday who did his makeup better than any of the girls.

i couldnt care less if a guy wore make-up. its only make-up ffs and if people have a problem with guys wearing it or thinking it means aguy is gay, well then thats their problem.

ReputationRep:
    My brother wore eyeliner out the other night. I abused the hell out of him for it, but it wasnt just that that needed abusing. The boots were a no go. It looked suprisingly alright on him but i wasn't going to let him know that.
    Why do you think YSL have deveolped a male version of Touch Eclat, they know men are can be just as conscious as women and why should women always be the ones to look amazing :P I jest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.