Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, i'm off to SHU in September to do journalism, and have an unconditional offer so my place is all sured up, which is great and all.
    Except for the fact i'm starting to question all this accomodation crack!
    I've had my form sent off for a good while now, but not yet heard anything back, and obviously considering I already have a place, i'm sort of questioning why i've not had my accomodation processed yet?

So what i'm asking really is, are people being allocated into their halls yet? And, if it's a yes or no answer to the aforementioned question, does anyone know when they will be getting in touch? I have known for a while that people with their places confirmed already can expect to hear back in July, but July is sort of half way through now! And i'm terribly impatient.

Sorry if this question has been posted on another thread, but if anyone could give me some answers i'd be very grateful!

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I recieved an unconditional aswell and sorted out my accom. I emailed them and they said you shouldnt hear anything back untill about 8 weeks before the start.

I'm guessing it will be any time soon. Where have you applied out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the feedback House. Hopefully they will be in touch with us in the next week or so then as there are only around about 8-9 weeks to go now!
    I've gone for Trigon, Forge & Devonshire Quarter. How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same mate, and I have an unconditional and doing Journalism. Trigon is also my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Trigon is my first choice also. I know someone who recieved theres yesterday so it should all be within the next couple of days im presuming.

ReputationRep:
    I've also been given an unconditional place. Applied for my accommodation months ago, but still nothing. I'll let you know when I hear anything.

ReputationRep:
    Got my accomodation finally confirmed today
    Managed to get into the Trigon too, which is a bonus.
    Flat B47!
    Anyone else had any news yet?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got my letter yet but I rang them and they said I'm in Trigon, awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Got mine aswell Trigon Block B Flat 11

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.