The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone.
I got my accomodation stuff thorough today, im in queens hospital close, really wanted jarrat hall or elgar! o well! at least its close to broad street! lol, any1 else gonna b livin in queens?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 61
Laura_brook
Hey everyone.
I got my accomodation stuff thorough today, im in queens hospital close, really wanted jarrat hall or elgar! o well! at least its close to broad street! lol, any1 else gonna b livin in queens?

hi im am! im going to be in flat 5!
lozzy1
hi im am! im going to be in flat 5!

cool, think im in flat 21. what course u gonna b doing?
Is there anyone here going to Birmingham that has yet to receive any details about accommodation?
i only got mine through today, imagine yours will come through in the next couple of days or so!
Victor Meldrew
Is there anyone here going to Birmingham that has yet to receive any details about accommodation?

Me :frown: Wish it'd hurry up!
Reply 66
Don't worry, I was expecting to have to wait until the 7th.
yeah i havent gotten my details yet too
Really wish I'd hear soon; after all the dissapointment with my grades i'm getting ready to brace myself to hear I've got catering :frown:
I won't be very impressed if I don't get what I wanted - given I was a firm candidate who was accepted immediately and returned the AS12 immediately.
Reply 70
Victor Meldrew
I won't be very impressed if I don't get what I wanted - given I was a firm candidate who was accepted immediately and returned the AS12 immediately.

Not wanting to dishearten you, but i was a firm candidate too, returned my AS12 on the 18th with recorded delivery, and my accomodation pack came through 2 days later and i was in mason hall. i had not got one thing which i had requested on my form, and now im really unhappy :frown: i hope you have better luck than me
victor you arent the only one who's done that
a lot of people like you have done the same thing and we're still waiitng.
and yeah it would really suck if i dont get good acomodation :frown:
Reply 72
Just found out I am in Pritchatt! Feel sick, they haven't given me anything I want! It's not en-suite, it's not on the vale (or anywhere with an atmosphere!) and most importantly I categorically stated that I needed to be in a Jewish flat and I haven't got one! I'm so annoyed! I don't know what to do! I'm thinking of going into Victoria Hall as it's really nice there but I don't know what the atmosphere is like! Can someone help me out and give me some advice! thanks!
Reply 73
Cassie-R
Just found out I am in Pritchatt! Feel sick, they haven't given me anything I want! It's not en-suite, it's not on the vale (or anywhere with an atmosphere!) and most importantly I categorically stated that I needed to be in a Jewish flat and I haven't got one! I'm so annoyed! I don't know what to do! I'm thinking of going into Victoria Hall as it's really nice there but I don't know what the atmosphere is like! Can someone help me out and give me some advice! thanks!

it may be a kosher flat- i had the same and i didn't think that the flat i got would be kosher, but i've found out i've been put with a friend of mine, and it is kosher.....
Reply 74
dan-cymru
I've just got confirmation of my place in the Beeches, which is what I was looking for! the cheapest of course!! But if anyone has anything useful to say on the place, let me know! Just dont go making me regret my choice of accomodation completely!!

If anyone else knows if they are at the Beeches, then let me know also!

As for what I know about the beeches already -
My buddy I met in reading festival stayed in beeches and says it was good fun, if you have a nice other 4 people with you, the joint lounge can be a good social place like! And hey, as I mentioned - its the cheapest, and self catered which is important to me!

No worries. :smile: You're not going to be on your ol'lonesome I'm coming to Beeches as well. :biggrin:

One question, anyone know if they're sinks in the rooms? I know a lot of uni's have them but I can't remember if B.ham does or not. If anyone's got any photos don't be shy about posting them either. :p:
I'm in Elgar Court :smile:

Anyone know anything about Elgar Court?
Reply 76
jossy
it may be a kosher flat- i had the same and i didn't think that the flat i got would be kosher, but i've found out i've been put with a friend of mine, and it is kosher.....

I actually asked them if I was in a Jewish flat and they said that this year all the Jewish flats had been taken so they couldn't accomodate me! Did you enjoy Pritchatt? How many people did you share a bathroom and kitchen with? Have you heard anything about Victoria Hall?
Cassie-R
I actually asked them if I was in a Jewish flat and they said that this year all the Jewish flats had been taken so they couldn't accomodate me! Did you enjoy Pritchatt? How many people did you share a bathroom and kitchen with? Have you heard anything about Victoria Hall?

Do they group us together?

I didn't ask to be put with jewish people but I did mention something about eating kosher
Reply 78
If you said that you eat kosher they would have probably put you in a kosher flat! where are you staying?
Tennis court .... I did mention that i was pretty laid back about it tho. My family is totally NOT Jewish so I have no idea what it would be like living in a very Jewish environment!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending