Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed the Business and Accounting course which will be starting this Sep. Just out of curiousity, which course of the 2 is better in the eyes of the big 4 accounting firms? Would we be allowed to switch courses in 2010 when the A&F course comes into effect, provided we take the appropriate modules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrikler)
    I have firmed the Business and Accounting course which will be starting this Sep. Just out of curiousity, which course of the 2 is better in the eyes of the big 4 accounting firms? Would we be allowed to switch courses in 2010 when the A&F course comes into effect, provided we take the appropriate modules?
    I genuinely have no idea but I thought I'd say hi because you seem to be one of the only people that are awake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheButtylicious)
    I genuinely have no idea but I thought I'd say hi because you seem to be one of the only people that are awake!
    Dude its lunchtime from where I am. Are you going to Edinburgh this Sep, or are you a student there? Just to ask if you are, for accom, which of the 3 is the best. Chancellor, Holland or Massons?

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on whether you wanna do a more varied degree and do a little bit of everything or stick to just all accounting and finance. They say the accounting & business degree gives you the maximum exemptions from the professional body exams so I'd say either are probably fine? Depends on what you'd rather do.

ReputationRep:
    We are doing the same course.

High Five!

ReputationRep:
    That's Great! You're going in this Sep too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    We are doing the same course.

High Five!
    By the way, have you applied for accom? Any personal recommendations, since I've never checked out the place personally.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    By the way, have you applied for accom? Any personal recommendations, since I've never checked out the place personally.:woo:
    tbh, i think all the accomm will be similar anyway so ive not bothered checking them out.

I went for Darroch, new arthur and nicholson street. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I am doing this course too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    I am doing this course too!
    Which accomodation have you applied for? I'm hoping my accom results are out soon

ReputationRep:
    Which accomodation have you applied for? I'm hoping my accom results are out soon
    I'll be staying at Darroch Court.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be staying at Darroch Court.
    How do you know that already? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    How do you know that already? :confused:
    Offers for accommodation are coming through, see the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this course and staying in Darroch Court too!

ReputationRep:
    Offers for accommodation are coming through, see the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
    Alright, cool. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I have selected Chancellor without having been there. How's the place like?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.