Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at university yet, but say I did a dual degree in Subject X and Subject Y, after a year would I then be able to transfer from Subject X and Subject Y to Subject Y on its own as a single subject?

Can people generally transfer university courses after a certain period of time?

ReputationRep:
    Bumpety Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can I believe. I know someone who is doing this. Depends entirely on the course and the university though.

ReputationRep:
    It is usually easiest to do this between a Single and Joint Honours degree. If you are wanting to change subjects, the other faculty may be willing to accept your credits from the first year. This will depend on the extent to which your previous study is useful for the new programme. Alternatively, you may be required to re-take the year. If you are at the end of your first year and are centrally funded, this is fine from a government funding point of view as well.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.