Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    Do you find out which room after you pay the £250?
    No before, it's in the contract you sign. It says something along the lines of

Pooley 44C (the room) in Pooley House, Queen Mary University (the hall of residence) blah blah blah over verbose legal description of what you recieve in return for the payment you make.
    You then agree to the various clauses of the contract, which are standard tenancy agreements, and then pay your deposit.

ReputationRep:
    Ah i see I'm 07I - Got a whole lot of stair climbing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    Ah i see I'm 07I - Got a whole lot of stair climbing
    You know how Pooley's laid out ? I'm just wondering where 44 is, but I'm guessing it's not on the bottom floors :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    You know how Pooley's laid out ? I'm just wondering where 44 is, but I'm guessing it's not on the bottom floors :p:
    Nah I'm just assuming

ReputationRep:
    maynard house anyone?

ReputationRep:
    nah it says it in your contract agreement...

ReputationRep:
    France house, 36C

ReputationRep:
    Pooley is arranged so that there are 3 sections, each section has 2 flats per floor. And I think there is 7 floors [inc. ground?] So 1 & 2 are ground, 2 & 3 are 1st...etc for the first section, then the second section starts where the first left off.

ReputationRep:
    Oh christ I'm never going to make it up seven floors when pissed, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Mortell)
    Pooley is arranged so that there are 3 sections, each section has 2 flats per floor. And I think there is 7 floors [inc. ground?] So 1 & 2 are ground, 2 & 3 are 1st...etc for the first section, then the second section starts where the first left off.
    What about France? I'm 36C, so i assume thats flat 36, 3 floors up?

ReputationRep:
    22A, Pooley House!

ReputationRep:
    Maurice Court

Btw I swear they said in the email not to accept your accommodation offer and pay the deposit until you have received your results if its a conditional offer (which is why they leave it until 24th august to accept) as you're not definitely going there unless you've got the grades. Unless everyone who said it on here has unconditionals?

ReputationRep:
    Pooley House 23A
    Doing Medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblegummy)
    Maurice Court

Btw I swear they said in the email not to accept your accommodation offer and pay the deposit until you have received your results if its a conditional offer (which is why they leave it until 24th august to accept) as you're not definitely going there unless you've got the grades. Unless everyone who said it on here has unconditionals?
    Theres a cut off point by which you have to pay the deposit or else you lose your room, I can't remember when it was for me, but it's like two weeks or something. Conditional or not. If you don't meet your offer, they'll simply refund you the deposit and allocate your room to someone coming in via clearing or some lucky sod in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    Theres a cut off point by which you have to pay the deposit or else you lose your room, I can't remember when it was for me, but it's like two weeks or something. Conditional or not. If you don't meet your offer, they'll simply refund you the deposit and allocate your room to someone coming in via clearing or some lucky sod in London.

Its actually the 24th August...I emailed the uni to make sure..and they called me and send DONT pay the deposit..until you have received the results..the room is yours until the 24th August...

The uni told me NOT to pay until i receive my results...obviously if you have an unconditional offer go right ahead and pay :yes:

hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got France House 33C.. But have no idea how it works does it mean i am floor 3 flat 3 room C, or flat 33 room C? Cause i know france house only has 22 flats so i am seriously confused... Anyone know how it is laid out?

ReputationRep:
    Hey...Iv got France House 2 so excited ... 26D !! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniegreen2005)
    Hey...Iv got France House 2 so excited ... 26D !! x

What course are you doing? And do you have any idea how it works, as in what part is the flat number which is the floor and which is the room cause i haven't got a clue. It doesn't matter that much but it is just frustrating that i just can't work it out lol...

ReputationRep:
    does anyone knw whether there is accommodation available at qmul available for clearing students? please quote me

ReputationRep:
    Also, does the deposit cost £250? when do you get this back or do you ever get this back? and does this come out of your own money?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.