Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my MAN failed uni and being kicked out!!!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    he's had 3 chances to resit. He though he tried his best last time (was watching him revise and all) FAILED>ad being kicked out of uni...no joke.thing is we've been going out for a year and love him to bits and sure could find no1 better than him..even talking about marriage etc..

I'm first year uni in UK and he's being kicked out of uni (will prolly mean outa UK too). What's there to do? I have to also tll him this morning hes not woken up yet because he thinks he may have a chance to resit to which i have to confirm NO

do i go back with him to Dubai?
    stay in Uk and graduate myself?
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    dont be forced into marrying him

ReputationRep:
    are people seriously laughing at this? we were supposed to get engaged when he "passed". he didnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiration)
    he's had 3 chances to resit. He though he tried his best last time (was watching him revise and all) FAILED>ad being kicked out of uni...no joke.thing is we've been going out for a year and love him to bits and sure could find no1 better than him..even talking about marriage etc..

I'm first year uni in UK and he's being kicked out of uni (will prolly mean outa UK too). What's there to do? I have to also tll him this morning hes not woken up yet because he thinks he may have a chance to resit to which i have to confirm NO

There must be International student policies which give him certain advantages. Is he arabic?

ReputationRep:
    Cant he resit the whole year?

ReputationRep:
    Well did he seek any advice from lecturers as to why he was failing exams? Because if hes revising and still failing then hes clearly cocking up somewhere along the line. Also is he definately being kicked out? could he not start over again or just do a different degree at the same uni?

Oh and if he gets sent to Dubai dont just follow and mess up your own studies, far better to finish your degree here then go over and see if you can get work there and besides flights to dubai aren't that hideously expensive so visiting shouldn't be that much of an issue.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i'll be perfectly honest, **** his education, and focus on your own. some people just aren't cut out for uni, and he seems to be one of them. if he has failed 3 times, then it's time to call it quits. i suggest you stick with your studies though. sorry if thats harsh, but there is no point both of you dropping uni

ReputationRep:
    If he's tried to resist 3 times and has failed isn't that an indication that maybe he shouldn't be at Uni ?

ReputationRep:

why is it you telling him that he's failed and can't resit? surely the uni should be telling him before they tell you?

ReputationRep:
    Finish your degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    Finish your degree.
    thing is i got 4 years of my degree left...how will we maintain a Long distance relationship..not viable !

ReputationRep:
    if you can't maintain a relationship long distance for four years then you shouldn't even be tinking about marriage

ReputationRep:
    thing is i got 4 years of my degree left...how will we maintain a Long distance relationship..not viable !
    Woah, you're seriously considering abandoning your studies over a guy?

If you don't think your relationship will last long distance, what are the chances you'll have a lasting marriage? Relationships can end, but degress and qualifications are forever. By the sounds of it, he doesn't seem suited to Uni anyways.

ReputationRep:
    What do you value most: your relationship with this guy or your education? Sometimes we have to sacrifice one thing for the other. That's life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rapha)
    What do you value most: your relationship with this guy or your education? Sometimes we have to sacrifice one thing for the other. That's life.
    both really. i feel he failed because of me..i distracted him quite a bit always going out etc.

ReputationRep:
    both really. i feel he failed because of me..i distracted him quite a bit always going out etc.
    he distracted him self dont let his failures bring you down.

ReputationRep:
    If he cared, he would of worked hard enough to pass. It was his sacrifice to make, not your own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brianbl)
    If he cared, he would of worked hard enough to pass. It was his sacrifice to make, not your own.
    he did work so hard but i think the language barrier (english not being his first language) did it for him...his course is sooo hard engineering even I couldnt understand any of it

ReputationRep:
    You won't like it and probably won't do it, but objectively it'd be best for everyone if you just spilt up. Other guys will come along who you will be equally happy with, such a change in your life may lead you to resent him, and a break-up at some point in the future (pretty likely whether you admit it or not) would just leave you with 1 ruined life and 1 motherload of regrets.

But as i say, you won't do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    You won't like it and probably won't do it, but objectively it'd be best for everyone if you just spilt up. Other guys will come along who you will be equally happy with, such a change in your life may lead you to resent him, and a break-up at some point in the future (pretty likely whether you admit it or not) would just leave you with 1 ruined life and 1 motherload of regrets.

But as i say, you won't do that.
    i would never leave him im nothing without him
    and why do you anticipate break up? dont be negative planes exist we can visit each other

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.