Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance help!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the finance about 5-6 weeks ago. I was asked to give my passport as proof which i did over the computer. Because i'm seperated and a single mother, they wanted a decree nisi which i don't have as i'm not divoreced or anything. Will this affect my application? Also they asked for a child benefit letter which i sent 5 weeks ago but it hasn.t shown up on my account yet. Is anyone else in same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seyoung1)
    I applied for the finance about 5-6 weeks ago. I was asked to give my passport as proof which i did over the computer. Because i'm seperated and a single mother, they wanted a decree nisi which i don't have as i'm not divoreced or anything. Will this affect my application? Also they asked for a child benefit letter which i sent 5 weeks ago but it hasn.t shown up on my account yet. Is anyone else in same boat?
    As far as I'm aware you will need to send them a separation certificate or something. Have you had your award letter yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    As far as I'm aware you will need to send them a separation certificate or something. Have you had your award letter yet?
    I don't have any separation cert or anything but i have letters from tax credits etc with just my name on. Might phone them and see if thats acceptable.

No i've had no award letter or anything from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seyoung1)
    I don't have any separation cert or anything but i have letters from tax credits etc with just my name on. Might phone them and see if thats acceptable.

No i've had no award letter or anything from them.
    What my mum did was send in her council tax bill which showed she was in receipt of the single parents allowance, and they asccepted that as enough evidence for single parent status

Don't worry about the evidence, their getting through it all. There is a 6-8 week backlog on all evidence being processed.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Student Finance are crap!! I applied for mine in April and only now have I got it all approved and I have got through the amount I will receive! I had to send off my last 3 yrs p60s which I still haven't got back...madness! They have just been so slow but I am sure you'll get there in the end. Your best bet is ringing someone and asking them what they actually need from you in order to get the application processed!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i've phoned them up. Still not 100% sorted but basically he said that it looks like my claim has neraly been processed which means he assumes they got my child benefit letter. Also told him i wasnt divorced so didnt have proof of separation and he said it didnt matter. So i'm hoping its all ok and that i'll get some sort of confirmation to say it is sorted. Thanks alot for the advice!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.