Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do girls dislike/like about their boyfriend's rooms? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My exe when we were still together, I stayed round at his and the one thing I hated about it was the dirty boxers and socks (Which I may add were VERY fragrant) lying round everywhere, it was digusting, I refused to stay in that room till he had cleaned it and opened the window.
    It didn't bother me that he had no posters or anything.

ReputationRep:
    dislikes: messy. very very messy.

ReputationRep:
    I like the way it smells like him, he has spare coat hangers for when i stay all his posters and CDs. Also like how comfy his bed is.

Not too keen on posters of girls, but he ****s them off when im over which makes me feel slightly better. dont lkike how he leaves his weights on the floor because i usually stumble in them and they are heavy.

ReputationRep:
    A girl I was seeing for a while didnt have a bed, just a matress on the floor. Less than ideal

ReputationRep:
    It's just monging and dirty. And the kitty litter box in the corner.

ReputationRep:
    its a state. makes me feel comfortable. tidy rooms unnerve me.

ReputationRep:
    I make my bf spray a whole load of air freshner before I enter
    There is nothing wrong with his room other than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    I once had a boyfriend who had posters of topless, over-made up girls all over his room. I didn't like that ...
    This

ReputationRep:
    I don't like his chinchilla :sad: It makes a proper racket every time I'm there. I don't think it likes me :p: And the fact I manage to whack my head on the beams a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I like how my boyfriends room is never tidy, makes me feel right at home
    But it's not unbearably messy. And the fact that he has bright coloured walls, and Front magazine that I can steal when he's at work.

ReputationRep:
    My ex's bedroom was perfect. Simple and tidy with a double bed and the necessary furniture, a wooden air fresher thingy (can't really describe it, only that it was wooden yet somehow made the whole room smell like chocolate) and perfect... just perfect lighting.

There was a whole ceremony before she went to sleep. From the clothes and undies she chose. to the body lotions she'd use right before felling in bed. Made the whole room smell like her.

I had never felt so relaxed in my life (among other things I felt back then ;P)

ReputationRep:
    LIKE: the fact that he has loads of random things on his ceiling such as coins and figures blutacked up there, so i can see them when i'm lying on the bed.and that it's quite neat and smells of him.
    DISLIKE: the amount of dust on his shelves and laptop...why not dust/

ReputationRep:
    My ex's room drove me insane.

It was clean but it was really really untidy. It's not a big room either so its a bit dangerous. I managed to twist my ankle when I fell over his physics text book ¬¬

There were clothes everywhere and if it couldn't go onto a bulging shelf it went on the floor. I'm a bit of a neat freak so I used to tidy up whenever I was in there. His mum misses me doing that since she's given up trying to organise it xD

my vintage star wars figures and comic books used to drive the ladies crazy (i wish i was joking but all my exes were obsessed with them :lolwut:)

ReputationRep:
    A while ago I was seeing a guy who had pictures of his ex all over his room...really should have seen it coming that he would get back with her. Never mind ay =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    my vintage star wars figures and comic books used to drive the ladies crazy (i wish i was joking but all my exes were obsessed with them :lolwut:)
    I actually love comic books. But star wars figures are just weird :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's room used to be sooooo boring, white walls and hardly any furnitrue. He's painted it blue now and has a bit more colour added, so it's not so bad. Although the mess is one thing I hate about men's rooms. (empty food boxes etc) It stinks

(Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    But star wars figures are just weird :mmm:

Sadly I had to sell them to buy a new bass amp. I did get £310 for them, though.

ReputationRep:
    I live with mine so... its more like my room then his! none of his stuff is allowed to be left out! he does leave his pants on the floor tho!! grrrr But I picked everything else apart from the curtains and they came with the house...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    I dislike that my bf still shares a room with his bro even though they are 20 and 21! and we have to go and sleep in the spare room (yes! there's a spare room!) when we stay at his
    Sounds pretty inbred. Do you ever think that you're only his girlfriend because he doesn't have a sister to marry?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.