Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A few of my favourite training related quotes, please feel free to add more!

“Strap your **** on, leave your pussy at home, put a bar on your back and bend your knees” – Kirk Karwoski (First man to squat 1000lbs in competition)

“Biceps are baul bauls on a Christmas tree” – Ed Coan (first man to pull 900lbs in competition, and at a bodyweight of only 100kgs)

“Backs are to Powerlifters what Biceps are to bodybuilders” – Shannon Harnet – Pro Footballer, Powerlifter, Bodybuilder and lass who has climbed everest

“Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight” – Ronnie Coleman

“The Breakfast of champions” – Arnold Schwartzenegger referring to dianabol

“There is no point to life if you cannot do the deadlift” Jon Pal Sigmasun

“I WANNA HOLD IT” Capt Kirk after his second rep in the gym with 455kgs squat

“Obsessed is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated” – Anon

"Down this road, in a gym far away,
    a young man was heard to say,
    "no matter what i do, my legs won't grow"
    he tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses , too
    trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do.

from the corner of the gym where the big men train,
    through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
    where the noise is made with big forty fives,
    a deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees.
    a very big man with legs like trees.

laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
    chalking his hands and monstrous back,
    said, "boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten,
    the trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'. – Dale Clark

“The leg press was invented to keep the pussys out of the squat rack” – Anon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    A few of my favourite training related quotes, please feel free to add more!
    This could be filled with Rippetoe quotes too. :rolleyes:

http://ripquoteoftheday.blogspot.com/

ReputationRep:
    I like the one in my sig "pain is just a weakness leaving the body"

ReputationRep:
    "Go home and be a family man."

ReputationRep:
    Michael Johnson:

'My dad always asked me what I wanted to do, then he'd ask how I was planning to do it, wherether I wanted to be athlete or a plumber.' - which can really be applied to anything...

and

'They don't give you gold medals for beating somebody; they give you gold medals for beating everybody'

ReputationRep:
    Lightweight

ReputationRep:
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: I don't have any weak points. I had weak points three years ago, but my main thing in mind is, my goal always was, to even out everything to the point... that everything is perfect. Which means if I want to increase one muscle a half inch, the rest of the body has to increase. I would never make one muscle increase or decrease, because everything fits together now, and all I have to do is get my posing routine down more perfect, which is almost impossible to do, you know. It's perfect already.

Interviewer: Do you visualize yourself as a living sculpture?
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: Yes, definitely. Good bodybuilders have the same mind when it comes to sculpting, than a sculptor has.

ReputationRep:
    This is not anyone famous, just on a random forum a while ago:

"What's that you say? The real world is calling? It's about time to pick up!

You have been weighed and measured, and been found wanting - now get on the erg, do those example sheets and **** some freshers before Mr Trys-Just-Hard-Enough gets into your head and makes sure you spend the rest of your life in your suit with a low end but clean BMW in the car park thinking about the sales figures and how you are slightly overweight, slightly underpaid and slightly less than satisfied.

It's OK really, because your wife (the reliable, plain, consistent type) will have some dinner ready when you get home and you can hear about how the kids are getting bullied at school before having a glass of wine and going to bed.

When you die, no one will notice."

Love it. Makes me row harder.

ReputationRep:
    “Obsessed is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated” – Anon

That is a brilliant one.

ReputationRep:
    'The sweat we lose in training saves the blood we lose in battle'.

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhh Buuudddddyy!

ReputationRep:
    It's got to be this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXV3ANiFGA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    It's got to be this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXV3ANiFGA
    W

T

F?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.