Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a mature student starting at UCL this year. Anyone out there starting their 1st year in Electronic and Electrical Engineering like me?

It's been 8 years since I graduated. I'm really nervous about going back to Uni. Anyone in the same situation? I would love to hear your experiences, tips and advice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I'm not exactly the same as you. I am also a mature student but this will be my first University course! I am not going to be studying Engineering, I'll be attempting a Creative Writing degree! I'm not going to UCL but I'll be nearish at Greenwich. And I am starting this September too.

But still, similar sort of boat as you. I'm 23 by the way and I am a little bit nervous about it; not freaking out at all but beginning to wonder if I should be!

I think Engineering sounds like a lovely subject to study. I used to work as an engineer's "mate", helping to drive the van to telephone exchanges around the UK, connecting cables and helping out at scrapyards. I really enjoyed the experience as a whole.

What did you study in your previous Uni course?

Anyway I want to wish you all the best!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.