Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so for those of us who didn't get a place in halls, this thread is for finding buddies to house hunt with.

(I didn't get a place in halls either)

So is anyone doing Marketing (or at least a business schoool subject) and wants a housemate? PM me :-)

Your turn! Go! :-)

- James.

ReputationRep:
    Omg do NOT live with someone who does your course!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    Omg do NOT live with someone who does your course!!!!!!!
    Lol why? I thought that would make it easier? ;O

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesFrancis)
    Lol why? I thought that would make it easier? ;O

xxx
    One of you will inevitably work harder than the other and the other ask for help all the time, the harder worker will be fine with it at first, then they'll hate you.

It might be ok in 1st year, but not in 2nd and 3rd

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok then, thanks :-)

So who else has been rejected halls?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    There's a very good chance I will be house hunting too.
    I'm appealing for a place in halls (personal circumstances).

I only get to find out at the end of July, so I'll post here when I find out.

ReputationRep:
    Just rang Pompey's biggest student housing company and they said the only houses they have left are the 6 and 7 bedroom ones, so we need to act quick on this.

Anyone up for getting a few people together to share a house then? :-)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i'm one of the unlucky *******s without housing so i may well be looking for something. Is everyone going to the secure a home day in september time. I'd prefer to see if i click well with people before i live with em and also i know i'm gonna be really picky when choosing a house even though i really don't have that luxury

ReputationRep:
    There is no need to act quick. In previous years there have been way more student houses than there have been students. I'm not expecting this year to be any different really, there might just be less 'free' student houses

ReputationRep:
    Just rang Pompey's biggest student housing company and they said the only houses they have left are the 6 and 7 bedroom ones, so we need to act quick on this.

Anyone up for getting a few people together to share a house then? :-)

xxx
    Out of interest, which company is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skribla)
    There is no need to act quick. In previous years there have been way more student houses than there have been students. I'm not expecting this year to be any different really, there might just be less 'free' student houses
    In previous years there wasnt 4000 students without accommodation. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sorry, i'd just rather have somewhere to live than delay uni for another year.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything about accomodation, so I fear I may have to find a house, but I'm not sure yet

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at the Campbell Properties, it looks really nice, sharing with around 5 - 7 people on a huge house! oh and btw i'm doing Economics so we'll be in the same Business building lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by botchok5)
    I've been looking at the Campbell Properties, it looks really nice, sharing with around 5 - 7 people on a huge house! oh and btw i'm doing Economics so we'll be in the same Business building lol
    I'm also doing a business studies course and was looking at the cambell buildings. I have to say maybe all the people who posted in this topic so far are a good base for housemates. would be awesome to get a 7 bedroom place between a bunch of us would feel a lot more social that way which is part of the thing that makes halls so great.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Campbell Property is the company I didnt mention before.

Would love to share a house there! I'm doing marketing too, so that'd be ideal

Could always get a few more people together and have a meet-up one weekend or something?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    so what did tyhey say when you spoke to them? how are they doing for housing available and how far are they from the uni etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillSK)
    so what did tyhey say when you spoke to them? how are they doing for housing available and how far are they from the uni etc.?
    Would love to share a house there! I'm doing marketing too, so that'd be ideal

Could always get a few more people together and have a meet-up one weekend or something?

xxx
    Have both of you actually found out that you're not getting housing? When did you apply for it?
    I just haven't heard anything yet so I dont know if I'm in halls yet or not.
    I'm doing Law & Criminology which is in the business school as well
    And (in reply to your message Will) I dont want to be the only girl with 6 other guys probably leaving me to do all the cleaning etcetc.....this is 2009...! :p:

ReputationRep:
    i applied mid april and still ahvent had any confirmation but when i phoned them directly they told me that i hadn't got a place. Oh and don't worry i wouldn't expect you to be the only girl. not at all. i just think it'd be better to have a mixed house than having all guys or all girls. Like James said earlier all the nice ones left appear to be 6 bedrooms+ so i'm sure we wouldn't have trouble finding more girls

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as Will said, we phoned up and asked directly (I phoned because i'm on holiday as I type this).

And yeah, i'd prefer a mixed house too, because then i have someone who takes longer than me in the bathroom ;D

We could arrange a viewing for those interested next weekend if you like? Not this weekend, the one after. 25th is it?

Let me know if you're interested :-)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of Campbell Properties - has anyone else on here?

I presume everyone has found them through internet searches or something?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.