Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesFrancis)
    Yeah, as Will said, we phoned up and asked directly (I phoned because i'm on holiday as I type this).

And yeah, i'd prefer a mixed house too, because then i have someone who takes longer than me in the bathroom ;D

We could arrange a viewing for those interested next weekend if you like? Not this weekend, the one after. 25th is it?

Let me know if you're interested :-)

xxx
    Actually I dont take too long in the bathroom :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    I haven't heard anything about accomodation, so I fear I may have to find a house, but I'm not sure yet
    Same here. Waiting is killing me :\

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, looks like Campbell have been hot on SEO this year, found them through Google search.

Actually I dont take too long in the bathroom :p:
    ;O

Neither do i... *rolls eyes*...

Lol, only joking. I'm not that bad.

But those who are free Saturday 25th for viewing a Campbell Properties house and lunch or something, say 'I' :-)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, looks like Campbell have been hot on SEO this year, found them through Google search.

;O

Neither do i... *rolls eyes*...

Lol, only joking. I'm not that bad.

But those who are free Saturday 25th for viewing a Campbell Properties house and lunch or something, say 'I' :-)

xxx
    I just looked at some of them on the site and the rooms are so nice :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    Same here. Waiting is killing me :\
    Its so annoying isnt it. I dont want to phone them
    But I e-mailed and they said letters should arrive within a week or two, which is why I dont understand how some people know already.
    My postman is rubbish as well!

ReputationRep:
    Its so annoying isnt it. I dont want to phone them
    But I e-mailed and they said letters should arrive within a week or two, which is why I dont understand how some people know already.
    My postman is rubbish as well!

The letters are beong sent out in phases I think, which explains why some people already know.

Also, many of us have phoned up to ask directly. If you can't stand the wait then I recommend you do the same :-)

Yeah, the houses look awesome, can't wait to find out more info at the viewing. Let's round some more people together ^_^

xxx

ReputationRep:
    The letters are beong sent out in phases I think, which explains why some people already know.

Also, many of us have phoned up to ask directly. If you can't stand the wait then I recommend you do the same :-)

Yeah, the houses look awesome, can't wait to find out more info at the viewing. Let's round some more people together ^_^

xxx
    Do you know how much its gonna cost? Rent etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well it doesnt say on their website (that I can see), but other property websites say around 80-95 a week, which includes bills, etc., which is acceptable with the quality of the houses if you ask me :-)

Will phone up tomorrow. Any more questions for me to ask?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, i did not get accommodation either! e-mailed and phoned them up and got the same reply so private housing it is. My name is nick and i'm going to be studying Business Information Technology at Portsmouth, originally from south east London so i will be in unfamiliar territory!

I had a look at the Campbell properties too and i must say they look very nice indeed and i wouldn't mind joining in on the house viewing! you seem like a cool bunch of people and if what james says is true then those prices are pretty good for the condition of the places

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'd be up for a house viewing obviously we're gonna have to find another couple girls if Jaydiee wants in we can't let her suffer alone lol. Campbell properties it is i thik. I had a look at a few of thew other housing sites and god they looked so scummy lol

ReputationRep:
    WillSK, JamesFrancis, will you be attending the house finding weekend thing they set up? I'd love to know a couple of people if I don't get a halls room. Can I PM you my mobile number or msn addy or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerdboy)
    WillSK, JamesFrancis, will you be attending the house finding weekend thing they set up? I'd love to know a couple of people if I don't get a halls room. Can I PM you my mobile number or msn addy or something?
    Yeah I will, but in my opinion it may be too late for most students.

And anyway, if we have any rooms spare, we can always find people at the house finding event :-)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    well i'm not sure if i can make it; i have work but if you could go with as many people who are available take some pictures etc. and just gimme a general feel for the place i'm happy. And yer i agree maybe get a base bunch of housemates sorted and then fill the gaps when they hold their events. I wouldnt go for a house smaller than 6 people either coz i'd quite like to get the halls feel dispite the fact we haven't got in.

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested, im doing business studies so will be in the same buildings as you guys too. My names Rebecca Holman so add me on facebook if you like Where abouts are these houses located? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lua_x)
    I'm interested, im doing business studies so will be in the same buildings as you guys too. My names Rebecca Holman so add me on facebook if you like Where abouts are these houses located? xxx
    Ok cool, just pm'd you the details :-)

The first one we're seeing is on St. Augustine Road, which is within walking distance to the uni and basically right near the sea I think.

He didnt really say much about the second one, but we'll find out on the day lol.

Still have room for 4 more people in our group, so PM me if you're interested and i'll let you know where to meet and when, etc :-)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm up for meeting up for a weekend lol, but where is everyone from lol?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Camberley in Surrey. What is everyones budget for housing?

Are you all planning on going to the uni's housing event? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Just pm'd you the details, botchok5 and Jaydie ;D

Any more fancy joining?

2 more spots available.

We'll try to get some more viewings for other sexy properties on the same day too :-)

xxx

P.S. I'm from Staffordshire in the West Midlands (unfortunately!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Aylesbury in buckinghamshire. I'd be up for a meet like i said earlier but lucky me gets to work all weekend which sucks

ReputationRep:
    remember James & |Co keep me in the loop

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.