Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillSK)
    I'm from Aylesbury in buckinghamshire. I'd be up for a meet like i said earlier but lucky me gets to work all weekend which sucks
    Aww damn. Can't you book the time off at all?

Say you got your leg eaten by a wild bear or something.

^_^

xxx

ReputationRep:
    i used that excuse last week. and nah afraid not used up all my time off now. bad times. i'll just have to trust your judgement but the chances are I'm in coz i would like to atleast casually know someone i'm gonna be living with for a year and in the nicest possible way none of you guys seem psycho as of yet lol

P.S i'm Will Sherwood-King on facebook shouldn't be too hard to find but if i am here ya go
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ws...ng?ref=profile

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Bournemouth

If I dont hear whether I've got into halls by next Thursday then I'll drag my boyf to Portsmouth and have a look round ok!?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks yeah I got the details, gosh this is annoying lol there's a lot of threads about student discussing their University Halls :'(........ they're just taking the piss now aren't they lol.

ReputationRep:
    spoke to one of my mates who currently goes to portsmouth already about campbell properties. He says theyre really nice but be prepared to pay a high premium due to the quality of their houses. I'm more than up for paying the higher end of the spectrum for the house hopefully you lot are too coz it'd definitely be awesome to live in one of those houses.

ReputationRep:
    This is lame. I'd love to come meet up, but because i'm appealing I don't find out if I have a room or not until the end of July.
    I'm worried there might not be any houses left then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerdboy)
    This is lame. I'd love to come meet up, but because i'm appealing I don't find out if I have a room or not until the end of July.
    I'm worried there might not be any houses left then...
    Well you could always come anyway, as if you don't get a place in halls then you're already prepared :-)

Just arranged for another house viewing at 10:45am on the same day too. It's a 4 bedroom house at £75 a week each. Will try to book another 6 bedroom for after 2pm, but by the sounds of about 7 estate agents there aren't many left...

Will PM the new meeting time and place :-)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    If the 6 bedroom is nice James I'd be
    much more up for that as
    I feel it'd be closer to a halls experience. Make sure that u ask about the area as well as I've heard there are some rather undesirable locations when it comes to Pompi. Can't wait to hear bout the house though I'm gutted I can't come look with you.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I know this is a bit late notice...

But do any of you want to join me house hunting in portsmouth tomorrow (Saturday 18th)?

Can arrange some viewings and go to some estate agents.

The only reason I ask is because i'm coming home from holiday early and dont want to be left without a house at pompey.

Pm me or reply here asap :-)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Guys, i worked supporting estate agents and lettings agents for my 2 gap years and as everyone knows they don't have the best rep for honesty!

They will try and flog off the less desirable/more expensive houses first, especially to students because we have less money to spend (ie. less money for them) and less experience in renting. Just be aware and don't take everything they say as the truth. I'm sure there are plenty of properties left, its definately worth checking the list on the university website and with private landlords as well.

My boyfriend didn't get accommodation last year and left it all until the last minute and went to the housing event in September and he found a 5 person house about 20 minute walk from Gunwharf for £65 p/w (not including bills of course). Portsmouth are aware that they don't have enough places in halls so every year they are very well prepared to help students find private accommodation

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what Lua has to say. Make sure that when you do go for a viewing they show all there is to offer and look for prime locations to the uni etc. also as i said earlier ask about the general area the house is situated in.

ReputationRep:
    The following site might be useful for first years who dont have a halls place:
    http://housing.port.ac.uk/lists/housinglistnew.pdf
    its the university housing list so all landlords and houses are checked out by the uni.
    but dont forget that the uni organises househunting weekend in august and september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan28)
    The following site might be useful for first years who dont have a halls place:
    http://housing.port.ac.uk/lists/housinglistnew.pdf
    its the university housing list so all landlords and houses are checked out by the uni.
    but dont forget that the uni organises househunting weekend in august and september.
    Yeah thanks, I just found that like an hour ago lol ^_^

So nobody would like to house hunt tomorrow then?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Bad news, I just heard from a friend of mine who viewed a property from Campbell Properties.. and she said the guy was asking £1,140+ for deposit individually WTF!

ReputationRep:
    Wow lol ;O

I've booked a viewing tomorrow anyway, so we'll see. If worst comes to worst, then I'm sure we can sort something out anyway :-)

Good job I've booked a few other sexy house viewings for the 25th then too ;p

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey James mate if the house looks good and location isn't too bad i'd be tempted to say that you should let them know you're interested coz from what i've heard from an email i've just received from campbell the houses are going very fast.

ReputationRep:
    Well by the looks of things, all the decent houses less than a mile away have gone.

Booked 5 viewings today though, based on location and price.

Will take photos and report back :-)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesFrancis)
    Well by the looks of things, all the decent houses less than a mile away have gone.

Booked 5 viewings today though, based on location and price.

Will take photos and report back :-)

xxx
    Good man!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, just wow.

On my way back from todays house hunt. I've saw some scummy ones, and some fooking awesome cheap ones.

Will post all the gory details when I get back ;-)

xxx
    P.s. Nope, Campbell wasn't the best... or the cheapest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesFrancis)
    Wow, just wow.

On my way back from todays house hunt. I've saw some scummy ones, and some fooking awesome cheap ones.

Will post all the gory details when I get back ;-)

xxx
    P.s. Nope, Campbell wasn't the best... or the cheapest!
    Did you ask how much Campbell was asking for deposit lol?..... And thanks for house hunting today lol I can only get a day off next Saturday.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.