The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yeah, I asked Campbell about the deposit and they said we didn't need one ;O

More details coming later though, around 5pm :-)

xxx
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 62
Sweet, nice one added!
Reply 63
JamesFrancis
Yeah, I asked Campbell about the deposit and they said we didn't need one ;O

More details coming later though, around 5pm :-)

xxx

I love you haha,
You're so organised!
Reply 64
Jaydiee
I love you haha,
You're so organised!

Baha, i love you too :p:

But seriously.

Looking for 1 more guy and 2 girls for the first house (as requested by the land-people).

Oh yeah, and they have another property available in Southsea which they said they'd show you around too if there's too many people for this 1 house.

Let me know before the places get taken :smile:

xxx
Reply 65
JamesFrancis
Baha, i love you too :p:

But seriously.

Looking for 1 more guy and 2 girls for the first house (as requested by the land-people).

Oh yeah, and they have another property available in Southsea which they said they'd show you around too if there's too many people for this 1 house.

Let me know before the places get taken :smile:

xxx

Hello Whetherspoons pub haha! :smile:
I still haven't heard about whether I've got halls yet :frown: But if not then I'm definitely up for it!
So how many bedrooms is the first house? 4?
Cos if so I guess some guys gonna lose out..... :s-smilie:
Reply 66
Jaydiee
Hello Whetherspoons pub haha! :smile:
I still haven't heard about whether I've got halls yet :frown: But if not then I'm definitely up for it!
So how many bedrooms is the first house? 4?
Cos if so I guess some guys gonna lose out..... :s-smilie:

Just phone up lol, otherwise you'll be waiting ages :p:

I haven't got my letter through yet either, but through phoning them up i learnt that i didn't have a place in halls.

In my opinion, the University has done me a favour lol. I've now got cheaper accommodation which is much better than the uni halls and generally more freedom :biggrin:

xxx
Reply 67
JamesFrancis
Just phone up lol, otherwise you'll be waiting ages :p:

I haven't got my letter through yet either, but through phoning them up i learnt that i didn't have a place in halls.

In my opinion, the University has done me a favour lol. I've now got cheaper accommodation which is much better than the uni halls and generally more freedom :biggrin:

xxx

Sorry Sir, I havent had time to phone up cos I've been working so much! :smile:
If I dont know by Thursday or Friday at the latest, about halls, then I'm planning on (hopefully) coming up to Portsmouth to look round the other viewings youve booked. Have the details changed for that day?
OMG I feel so old looking for housing hahaha!
Reply 68
Jaydiee
Sorry Sir, I havent had time to phone up cos I've been working so much! :smile:
If I dont know by Thursday or Friday at the latest, about halls, then I'm planning on (hopefully) coming up to Portsmouth to look round the other viewings youve booked. Have the details changed for that day?
OMG I feel so old looking for housing hahaha!

lol ok sure, sounds good!

Well i'm meeting the land-people of house 1 @ 10:30am on Saturday 25th July, so you're more than welcome to join and have a look around too. Trust me, you'll love it :biggrin:

I've still got appointments with Fry and Kent (10:45am) and one with Campbell Properties (12pm) though, so i'm not sure yet. Depends what everyone else wants to do, lol :smile:

xxx
Reply 69
The first one sounds cool, 6+ peeps would've been great but im desperate now before it runs out lol. And me and another girl might be interested. Blimey £110/week Jesus!
Reply 70
JamesFrancis
lol ok sure, sounds good!

Well i'm meeting the land-people of house 1 @ 10:30am on Saturday 25th July, so you're more than welcome to join and have a look around too. Trust me, you'll love it :biggrin:

I've still got appointments with Fry and Kent (10:45am) and one with Campbell Properties (12pm) though, so i'm not sure yet. Depends what everyone else wants to do, lol :smile:

xxx

Do we have to pay council tax and gas and electricity bills ontop of the £70 in the first house?
mate i'd be up for the first house if it's as good as you say. Location sounds good too. add me on facebook and i'll chat to you more bout it! i agree with botch though if we can find a house with places for more than 4 people that'd be better! still currently house 1 seems the way to go until you've checked out the others
Reply 72
Jaydiee
Do we have to pay council tax and gas and electricity bills ontop of the £70 in the first house?

Council tax - No, we don't need to pay, but the landlady will need to sort it out for us so she gets a bill for £0 :smile:

Sidenote: Parking - Street parking available, but need to pay for a permit from Guildhall, with the first car free, and the rest for a small fee (which isn't expensive).

Gas and Electric - Yeah, you'd have to pay for gas and electric in the first house if i remember rightly, but the TV license is included aswell as the broadband access from a wireless router. And anyway, even with allowance for the cost of these, it still comes cheaper than most other decent houses :smile:

With the 6+ bedroom houses, i'll be suprised if you find any available whatsoever, apart from the Campbell ones of course *cough*overpriced*cough* :rolleyes:

If you find some available though, feel free to book them for Saturday for us ;D

xxx
i'll keep an eye out for any promising housing but you seem to have stumbled across quite a find with house 1 i really didnt think we were gonna be able to find a house within 10 mins of the uni. Since we're all business course students too the first few days of finding our way around will be fine since we will be going to similar places.

What was the kitchen like? Location good? etc etc.
Reply 74
WillSK
What was the kitchen like? Location good? etc etc.

Yeah, i've edited my post. Look at the photos in the spoiler and the revised description :smile:

xxx
Reply 75
JamesFrancis
Council tax - No, we don't need to pay, but the landlady will need to sort it out for us so she gets a bill for £0 :smile:

Sidenote: Parking - Street parking available, but need to pay for a permit from Guildhall, with the first car free, and the rest for a small fee (which isn't expensive).

Gas and Electric - Yeah, you'd have to pay for gas and electric in the first house if i remember rightly, but the TV license is included aswell as the broadband access from a wireless router. And anyway, even with allowance for the cost of these, it still comes cheaper than most other decent houses :smile:

With the 6+ bedroom houses, i'll be suprised if you find any available whatsoever, apart from the Campbell ones of course *cough*overpriced*cough* :rolleyes:

If you find some available though, feel free to book them for Saturday for us ;D

xxx

Cooool.
So who drives!? And out of the drivers who gets this (if anyones bringing a car)
Reply 76
I'm not sure what a guarantor means, what does it mean :tongue:?

Edit: I'll drive cuz I will need to frequently drive back down to Brighton.
Reply 77
Jaydiee
Cooool.
So who drives!? And out of the drivers who gets this (if anyones bringing a car)

I drive, but i won't be bringing my car.

However that doesn't mean I can't buy one when i'm down there if i have some debt money left over :biggrin:

xxx
Reply 78
I think we all drive then, but I dont have a car either.
i have a car and have been driving comin up 2 years but i wont be bringing my car. too expensive and my car isn't exactly reliable to say the least lol

Latest

Trending

Trending