Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Just got into Portsmouth today through clearing and like everyone else have no idea what I'm doing for accommodation... Still need another girl in your house? How many people are sharing? I'll be doing Film and Television Studies by the way x

ReputationRep:
    I got in today! Didnt think i would but there we are, now i need to find somewhere to live. If you need a room mate or whatever, [email protected], or alternatively facebook William Fraser.

ReputationRep:
    YES. I'm not the only one posting on here (i thought i'd have to create the thread ).
    I got in through clearing, gonna confirm soon, just need a place to live?

Anyone fancy a psychology student? I promise i won't analyse you all the time :p:

ReputationRep:
    Right well I THINK (don't quote me on this) that the house I've put a deposit down for are still looking for 3 people, although i haven't really spoken to them after my visit in early August and putting the deposit down, apart from an e-mail asking when they want everyone down to sign the contract and stuff which will they said early/mid september. It's a decent size 5 bedroom house on a road called Cottage Hill with 2 bathrooms/showers and 2 toilets (but the two biggest rooms have been taken, I've got one of them :P) 5 mins walk from tesco/asda and other shops. 10 min walk from the uni and about 5 mins walk from the station which has links straight to London and Southampton. It's also not far from the bars and such either.

I haven't got any pics to show you but if you are interested send me a pm and i'll give you the number for the owner (her name is Linda) to arrange a viewing. Again i really don't know if she has found 3 more people yet but don't be disappointed if she has ;P

Forgot to mention they do individual contracts as well, so you don't need to get a group together (that's if they have the 3 rooms left :P)

ReputationRep:
    Just got in through clearing today and have noowhere to live :eek:. Anyone else homeless wanna team up and house share? Also anyone that got through in clearing did you get your confirmation email? I haven't and I'm worried

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, now I'm in the same situation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemmy01)
    Just got in through clearing today and have noowhere to live :eek:. Anyone else homeless wanna team up and house share? Also anyone that got through in clearing did you get your confirmation email? I haven't and I'm worried
    I haven't got a confirmation email either yet :s: and a decision hasn't been made on my clearing choice on track! I rang Portsmouth and they told me it should all be updated today...fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    i have just got into portsmouth too yesterday and dont have any accomodation...which is kinda worrying and would like to get something sorted. If there is any one in the same boat as me and would be interested in sharing a house then please get in touch...(add me on facebook-Jolie Madkour). I am taking law but am interested in sport and would preferably like to share a house with girls and people who have similar interests to me. I am a non smoker!! please get in touch if you are interested thanks x x x

ReputationRep:
    hey ...i am intrested in sharing a house x x x

ReputationRep:
    i didnt get into hallls either because this is my insurance choice, do i have to ring up my firm choice and tell them to cancel my accommodation? Does any of this affect my maintenance loan? this is all soo confusing and annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chimbomba)
    i didnt get into hallls either because this is my insurance choice, do i have to ring up my firm choice and tell them to cancel my accommodation? Does any of this affect my maintenance loan? this is all soo confusing and annoying
    It will only affect your maintenance loan if you applied for a London university. However, you have to fill out a change of circumstances form for your student finance. When you were rejected by your firm they'd've already cancelled your accomodation.

ReputationRep:

yuuup im in the same situation as you, they let me in through clearing yesterday and said you will recieve an email tomorrow, i've been waiting all day and still havent got the confirmation yet!

dont know what to dooooooo, confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XXXJolieXXX)
    hey ...i am intrested in sharing a house x x x
    Me too! :p:

Haha I'm unfortunately leaving next Thursday to America, and really would like to sort my accommodation beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I'm going to Magalluf in 2 weeks so I need to get sorted asap too, I only live 10 mins drive away though so I can go looking when I want really.
    I got my confirmation finally! In the acceptance form it asks for a registry reference though and I don't know what that is :confused:. Can anyone enlighten me?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, looks like I'm in the same boat as a lot of you here.
    I got in through clearing on Results Day, off to do International Relations and Politics, but I can't get down to visit any houses cause I'm too far away.
    Is anyone looking for a male housemate? Drop me a message on here or email me, or hell, even Facebook me: Dave Nash, West Midlands.
    Best of luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I'm a third year economics student, If anyones interested I have two rooms in a house in Southsea going. PM me for details

Matt

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I need to find somewhere to live too.
    I am doing Mechanical Engineering.

Add me on Facebook, Jemma Ibbotson, Manchester if you are interested.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    is there some kind of facebook group for this? where can i find it?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if those getting into Portsmouth without accomodation know, but the uni will automatically send you information about secure a home days sometime soon. They happen on three weekends in September if I remember correctly. They are evenings where you meet people needing a place to live like yourself. You stay in Langstone halls overnight on Saturday and then go house hunting on Sunday morning with your new friends.

You can check out http://housing.port.ac.uk/lists.html if you want to look for a house yourself, if you're going on holiday in mid September or so.

Can PM me if you have any questions. Had to go to one 2 years ago :p:

Grats on getting in!

ReputationRep:
    hiiiii, just wondering if anyone is going to that house hunting weekend in a few weeks??
    also, im worried that if i go to a house and not in halls i will miss out...do you still meet a lot of people??
    get back to me

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2009

University open days

1. University of Portsmouth
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.