Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I thought I'd come here to ask for your help before ringing the university. Basically I got the forms sent through, I filled them in and sent them off along with my Passport, NI card, exam certificate and payslip. I got everything sent back though saying I'd sent insufficient evidence. On the slip of paper it listed that I'd need to send off some items to prove my address and these have to be two of the following:

- Recent Back Statement - Fine, I have this.
    - Credit Card Statement - Don't own a credit card...
    - Council Tax Bill - My parents pay this...
    - Utility Bill - Again my parents pay this...
    - Mobile Phone Bill - I don't have a mobile contract...

I've emailed the university but they haven't answered and it's been three business days I think they are really busy. Can anyone here suggest what to do?

Thank you,
    EagleHawk

ReputationRep:
    When I had mine done, I took a bank statement, a passport and a birth certificate; so I am presuming you only need one of those things out of that list? If so then you would be fine, I highly doubt they would want all of them, it is just a proof of address they are looking for :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok. Thank you. :]

I was just a bit worried as it said 2 of the following:

ReputationRep:
    When I did mine, I didn't have anything with my name and address on as I'd just moved in so I used something with my mums name on and they were fine with that. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember having to take all of that. Just some proof of id and address. Give the uni a ring - you've waited long enough now I think.

ReputationRep:
    I have a CRB disclosure form in front of me, including the guidance for identity checking. Since you provided a passport (a group 1 document, in the CRB's terminology) you only have to provide any two more documents from either of the CRB's two document groups. Since both an NI card and an addresses payslip are on those lists you should not have to provide anything else.

Perhaps the university is not reading the guidance closely enough, or is ignoring it. It can be found here: http://www.crb.gov.uk/PDF/DIP%20002%...004%202007.pdf

Incidentally, you are proving your identity, not your address, but, again, maybe the university's verifier is not properly trained - they seem to be asking for five documents regardless. I suggest you talk to them and quote the CRB guidance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.