Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any med school applicants? Just a thread......where u guys at in terms of offers, interviews etc? Oh and what about ur predicted grades, GCSE grades etc?

to start things off.........

Applied: Oxford, Edinburgh, Notts, BSMS
    GCSE-10A*s, 1 A
    A-level-AAA predicted A at as

ReputationRep:
    Applied: Manchester, KCL, Liverpool, Leeds
    GCSE: 9A's 2B's
    AS - 3A, 1B
    A2 predicted - 3A

not heard anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocksteady99)
    Any med school applicants? Just a thread......where u guys at in terms of offers, interviews etc? Oh and what about ur predicted grades, GCSE grades etc?

GCSE-10A*s, 1 A
    Hi, u seem like probably a person medical schools r shoutin out 4,

Im just probs below average really wantin 2 get in2 medicine

GCSEs? not v good 4 me in comparison:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stunt-101)

you dont need 10A*s to do medicine, more like 5A's is more than enough for most places.

ReputationRep:
    Easy.....he is right tho.....you def dont need 10A"s, but i mean itll help, obviously, anyway it dont mean anything, come on guys gcse's are hardly indicative of ability!

Shockzzz u applied for med?

ReputationRep:

GCSE-10A*s, 1 A

1A* 4As 4Bs 2Cs
    ALevel Predictions: A in ICT, B in Chemistry, C in Biology But been told it would be AAB if I did better in AS

Applied 2 Newcastle (Durham Campus) which is local, Dundee, Aberdeen n Hull York med school

Only got 2 Offers for Biomedical Sciences @ Sunderland n Northumbria both 200 pts with Northumbria wantin a C

But Im hopin for an interview soon, n good luck im sure you'll get a place

PS did u go to medlink/medsim???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    Applied: Manchester, KCL, Liverpool, Leeds
    GCSE: 9A's 2B's
    AS - 3A, 1B
    A2 predicted - 3A

not heard anything

ReputationRep:
    ur gcses's aren't a problem

ReputationRep:
    Nope......was way way 2 expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    ur gcses's aren't a problem
    Yeah, I agree

Didnt you apply to any other courses fopr back ups or would u say its safe through clearing

ReputationRep:
    Nope......was way way 2 expensive!
    I went 2 both coz i thought it would help for applications, medlink would have been the 1 to go to, but u can get more info out of this site that the conference, it was sort of a waste of time when its like 2 weeks b4 ur AS exams

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's: 4A*s 5As 2Bs
    AS's: 4Bs 1C (not that good for medicine huh!)
    A2 predictions: AAB (most likely to be ABB though)

Applied to for medicine:Peninsula, Brighton sussex, Cardiff and Southampton.

So far only got confirmation letters from Cardiff and Southampton. No interviews, no offers, no real news.

Applied to for Psychology: Plymouth and Leicester

Got an offer from Leicester which is BBB. Just as a backup, incase I don't get my grades in medicine, or if I dont get any offers. I don't wanna wait around for a year and try again. I want to get to University and be a uni student! It looks fun!

Good luck to you all guys. It's nerve racking aint it! Every day the post comes, i'm down those stairs like a friggin rocket...but theres never anyting for me. boohoo!

ReputationRep:
    ive applied to leeds, nottingham, newcastle and sheffield and havent heard a thing interview or offer wise. i know someone whos heard from all 4 of hers (not the same as my 4 though) for interviews, but whether the order is random i dont know.
    i know a girl who got 9A*s at GCSE and shes just been rejected from sheffield, which goes to show grades arent everything...

ReputationRep:
    I applied to GKT, Barts, Imperial and Leeds
    GCSEs: 9A*s, 2A's
    AS: 4 A's , 1B
    A2 predicted 4A's (i think)

I havent heard a thing! Ive just had confirmation letters from Barts and Leeds- other than that, nada.
    Getting more and more anxious everyday!
    In some instuitutions gcse grades count, but as long as uve met the entry requirements- they'll have no excuse to bin ur ucas due to gcse grades! They only put em in so that they can weed down the thousands of applicants to a few hundred that they can interview!

ReputationRep:
    If you potential medics get places, good luck. Five years working 9-5, 5 days a week. My idea of student hell... but you have my utmost respect.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to : Oxford, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Sheffield for medicine.
    Applied to Leeds and Liverpool for medical sciences and have an offer form Leeds- BBB. Haven't heard from any for medicine at all..
    GCSE's: 1*, 7A's 1B
    AS: ABBC
    A2 pred: AAA (maybe 1 B)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    If you potential medics get places, good luck. Five years working 9-5, 5 days a week. My idea of student hell... but you have my utmost respect.
    who works those hours??

ReputationRep:
    only 9-5, 5 days... I wish

Wouldn't change what I do for the world though

Joy
    x

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's 6.5 A * and 4 A
    as levels 4 A
    predicted 3 A (hopefully)
    appplied to peninsula, BSMS, UEA and soton
    had interview at BSMS awaiting results, got interview at PMS on 8th dec and got confirmation letter from soton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spam)
    GCSE's 6.5 A *
    6.5 A*? Where did the '.5' part come from?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.