Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have I been sent letters about not having applied to student finance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I already applied on line but now my statis is something like "approved, waiting for signature." I have been sent letters about my tuition fees and my maintencence loan saying I need to sign otherwise I can't have it, but I clearly applied for it online, what is going on here?

ReputationRep:
    Erm they send you a letter which has to be singed and sent back in the provided envelope!

(Original post by Gr8)
    I already applied on line but now my statis is something like "approved, waiting for signature." I have been sent letters about my tuition fees and my maintencence loan saying I need to sign otherwise I can't have it, but I clearly applied for it online, what is going on here?
    I think those are the letters where you confirm the contract and verify that the details that you gave online are correct. If you don't send it back then you won't receive any finance (taken from the Student Finance Online Declaration form that I signed and sent off last year )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    I think those are the letters where you confirm the contract and verify that the details that you gave online are correct. If you don't send it back then you won't receive any finance (taken from the Student Finance Online Declaration form that I signed and sent off last year )
    I see, however I usually here that sending letters to them is bad becuase they don't respond to it in ages, is this the only way to respond to the declaration?

(Original post by Gr8)
    I see, however I usually here that sending letters to them is bad becuase they don't respond to it in ages, is this the only way to respond to the declaration?
    yes I think so, I think this is one of your last letter that you should receive from them (I'm not 100% sure though) so they'll definitely respond to it by September. I got that letter on the 17th July last year and I still got my loan on the 1st day of uni in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk88)
    Erm they send you a letter which has to be singed and sent back in the provided envelope!
    I have three letters and one envelope, one is the student declaration, one is for the tuition fees confirmation and the other is for the maintenence loan confirmation! One enevelope! Help!

ReputationRep:
    yes I think so, I think this is one of your last letter that you should receive from them (I'm not 100% sure though) so they'll definitely respond to it by September. I got that letter on the 17th July last year and I still got my loan on the 1st day of uni in September
    One more thing!
    I have three letters and one envelope, one is the student declaration, one is for the tuition fees confirmation and the other is for the maintenence loan confirmation! One enevelope! Help!

(Original post by Gr8)
    One more thing!
    Which of those do you need to sign off? Last year I'm pretty sure I only signed and sent off the 'Student Finance Online Declaration form.' With that letter that they sent me I got a Financial Notification letter detailing my maintenance loan and tuition fee loan. The only thing that I was required to sign and send off last year was the 'Student Finance Online Declaration form.' (It could also have changed from last year, I think they did change the way you apply)

ReputationRep:
    You sign/date the declaration form and send it back. Only that one thing.

You keep the bits telling you about amounts you'll be getting etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gr8)
    Yeah your only meant to sent of the online declaration form.

ReputationRep:
    Which of those do you need to sign off? Last year I'm pretty sure I only signed and sent off the 'Student Finance Online Declaration form.' With that letter that they sent me I got a Financial Notification letter detailing my maintenance loan and tuition fee loan. The only thing that I was required to sign and send off last year was the 'Student Finance Online Declaration form.' (It could also have changed from last year, I think they did change the way you apply)
    I was given the same as you except for the tuition fees and maintenence loan I was given two things to sign for both of them. This is what I don't understand, I've already applied for it online,, they said they have recieved and approved it as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gr8)
    I was given the same as you except for the tuition fees and maintenence loan I was given two things to sign for both of them. This is what I don't understand, I've already applied for it online,, they said they have recieved and approved it as well!

Sign whatever needs to be signed and put it in one envelope!

(Original post by Gr8)
    My understanding of the process is that once you've applied for it online and handed in all the evidence and they approve it then your application becomes provisional. Then they send you the 'Student Finance Online Declaration form' which has the provisional Financial Notification. Then once you sign and send off the 'Student Finance Online Declaration form' you'll be sent a Payment schedule letter 3 weeks before the start of your course. The Payment schedule details when you will receive each part of the loan. (I'm pretty sure this is correct, at least it was last year when I applied, and I'm sure this is how it happened to me. It would be great if someone else could confirm it just to be sure )

The letter is a physical confirmation that your details are correct, I'm pretty sure everything in your application is still provisional.

ReputationRep:
    How long did you guys have to wait for them to send the letter that you need to sign? I've sent the evidence off two weeks ago but have received no confirmation that they have received anything and my applicationkeep ssaying incomplete

edit: my application says 'awaiting further info from parents' and then it says 'status: currently being assessed'
    doesnt that contradict each other, how can it be assessed if there they havent got the info from parents .

ReputationRep:
    Yep i got a letter saying that too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.