Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who here thinks they've found 'The One'? Watch

Not to start up the debate about the existence of soul-mates or anything like that, but interested to see how many people think that their current partner is someone they will be likely to spend a long time/the rest of their life with.

Personally, at 19 and having had two previous long-term boyfriends I think my current partner is likely to last a long, long time.

ReputationRep:
    http://first90days.files.wordpress.c.../300px-neo.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Me :o:

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 4 years and certainly think he's the 'one'. I think it helps that he's my best friend as well as my boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    :grin:

I dunno, but he's pretty damn nice.

ReputationRep:
    no not yet. I don't trust girls in this place at all

ReputationRep:
    i never really think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    no not yet. I don't trust girls in this place at all
    Your room? TSR? England? The Universe?

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as 'the one'. :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Your room? TSR? England? The Universe?
    oh sorry my bad :o: Nah I talking about girls on my side of London

ReputationRep:
    I have! It's totally awesome. We met two years ago and a few months later he proposed to me on top of a mountain ^^ (I'm 24 so no we're not too young)

The thing that strikes me about finding the one is how easy it is once you'd found them. There was never any doubt or wondering how he felt about me and never any insecurity of any kind. It all felt wonderfully natural. Another thing that strikes me is how all other guys now, no matter how good looking or nice they are, all seem kind of faded and crap compared to mine because I love him so much.

Every morning I wake up and feel like I might explode with happiness when I see him. Every time we see eachother, even if we've only been apart for a few hours we just can't stop kissing and huggin eachother and smiling. It's great. Although it must be sickening for any passers-by.

Sorry if this is all a bit mushy but you did ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    There's no such thing as 'the one'. :hmmmm2:
    :hmmm:

http://www.hellascosmetique.gr/cart/...dg_the_one.jpg

Would you still say that?

ReputationRep:
    I am not with 'the one' now, but I know who she is. Everytime were together theres defientantly something there and she is the most naturally beautiful girl i know! We could/would of had a relationship but wen we did get together she was leaving for Aussi a couple of days later, so i didnt think i would see her again, but she came back because it didnt work with her parents but we havent been in contact much really, apart from when we see each other out.

Thing is, am i quite happy about not being that close to her now, i would prefer her to finish uni before i make the move again. Although she is on a euro trip atm, and has invited me to her 19 soon, so it'll be good having a catch up.

ummmm...god its got me thinking of her. And...erm yes i have a gf but unfortunately she isnt the one, although shes a great girl!

ReputationRep:
    I know Iv found the one. Been with him year and half now - been living with each other for 6 months and still cant get enough of him. Actually work everyday for 12 hours with him and when we get home or on our days off we are still inseparable, literally.

I still get butterflies and my palms get sweaty when hes around cos im nervous. Even thinking about him makes me smile and go shy :P

Hes my best friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VieR)
    I am not with 'the one' now, but I know who she is. Everytime were together theres defientantly something there and she is the most naturally beautiful girl i know! We could/would of had a relationship but wen we did get together she was leaving for Aussi a couple of days later, so i didnt think i would see her again, but she came back because it didnt work with her parents but we havent been in contact much really, apart from when we see each other out.

Thing is, am i quite happy about not being that close to her now, i would prefer her to finish uni before i make the move again. Although she is on a euro trip atm, and has invited me to her 19 soon, so it'll be good having a catch up.

ummmm...god its got me thinking of her. And...erm yes i have a gf but unfortunately she isnt the one, although shes a great girl!

Lust, tho?

OP: Me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    :hmmm:

http://www.hellascosmetique.gr/cart/...dg_the_one.jpg

Would you still say that?
    :mmm:
    You've found the one!

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as I haven't had a boyfriend in the last...4 years?
    I doubt I'd find him any time soon.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    oh sorry my bad :o: Nah I talking about girls on my side of London
    Going to wrong places thats why..

ReputationRep:
    All "the one" ******** aside, I can't imagine being with anyone else other than my current girlfriend now but I'm aware how quickly things can change...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.