Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who here thinks they've found 'The One'? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Going to wrong places thats why..
    haha nah nah. There are too many dumb girls in SE London (lewi sides I'm on about) that will **** you over. Not gonna lie though, it's tempting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    There's no such thing as 'the one'. :hmmmm2:
    Haha, I agree. When my ex told me I was the one and he wanted to meet my parents etc, I actually wanted to vomit, which was probs cos we'd only been dating a while. I find the whole concept silly but I am a cynical ***** so you never know...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=maxfire]Lust, tho?

You may be right, i dont know, i just ahh she does it so much for me and she justs seems so perfect. Just makes you actually believe in 'soul mates' and 'the one' type things. Sad i know but if you knew her, you would see the same! lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    haha nah nah. There are too many dumb girls in SE London (lewi sides I'm on about) that will **** you over. Not gonna lie though, it's tempting.
    Lol so true, dont even get me started on lewisham chicks :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    i am 18 years old, and have been with my boyfriend for over two years and love him to pieces. i couldn't possibly imagine ever been with anybody else, but i am realistic. how many relationships started when you are 16 last a lifetime? im sure one day we'll get bored of eachother or grow apart, but for now it seems like we will last a long time <3

ReputationRep:
    i cant imagine being with anybody else. its been rough lately, but we've stuck it out & im not sure i can see a future without him. so, i guess i think i've found the one. but who knows right?

ReputationRep:
    HERE HE IS!! I FOUND HIM!!

Seriously, no. And I think I'll find a lot of "The One" throughout the years. Who said that "The One" will remain the same and forever? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    me

I guess you could say I'm still waiting to be found. Then again, I haven't really met anybody attractive (physically and emotionally) in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VieR)
    I am not with 'the one' now, but I know who she is. Everytime were together theres defientantly something there and she is the most naturally beautiful girl i know! We could/would of had a relationship but wen we did get together she was leaving for Aussi a couple of days later, so i didnt think i would see her again, but she came back because it didnt work with her parents but we havent been in contact much really, apart from when we see each other out.

Thing is, am i quite happy about not being that close to her now, i would prefer her to finish uni before i make the move again. Although she is on a euro trip atm, and has invited me to her 19 soon, so it'll be good having a catch up.

ummmm...god its got me thinking of her. And...erm yes i have a gf but unfortunately she isnt the one, although shes a great girl!

It doesn't make you a bad person to consider another person the one when you're with someone. I always have that "what if" mentality about me, even though I'm with someone who I've been the happiest I've ever been with.

Although none of us know what will happen in the future. Not everything lasts.

I know I have but I can never be with him which kills me

ReputationRep:
    I think I have found my one! Been together just over a year! Not going to lie we have had a rough year! Not with eachother jst other things that have gone on in our lives but no matter what it has made us stronger and we are still completely besotted with eachother!!

We see eachother about 3 times a week which I think is a healthy amount as we have time to miss eachother which is a top feeling but doesn't put a strain on us cause we miss eachother too much! then when we get to see eachother we appreciate our time together!!

At the end of the day you never know for sure if someone is your one cause anything could happen, you might not be their one and they could find theirs but I hopE I have found mine but just take each day as it comes x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, then obviously he isn't 'the one'. He's just anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Same. Damn Taylor Swift's successful pop music career. It's totally ruined everything between us.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so keen on the whole "the one" idea - the concept is a bit cheesy for me!

That said, I can certainly see myself being with my boyfriend for a long time. We'll have been together for 5 years in September

ReputationRep:
    I met "the one" when I was 21 and even though there were other men chasing me, not blowing my own trumpet as it was true. I chose the "one" and we have been married for 13 years. Right from the outset, I knew I wanted to spend forever with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlosb)
    HERE HE IS!! I FOUND HIM!!

Seriously, no. And I think I'll find a lot of "The One" throughout the years. Who said that "The One" will remain the same and forever? :rolleyes:
    :eek: You're right there is a lot!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gMKiAtWiFi...smith+many.gif

ReputationRep:

same! well, i was with "my one" a while back, and i was young so i messed it up but we've both discussed theres always been feelings, nothing will ever come of it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachieJ)
    I have! It's totally awesome. We met two years ago and a few months later he proposed to me on top of a mountain ^^ (I'm 24 so no we're not too young)

The thing that strikes me about finding the one is how easy it is once you'd found them. There was never any doubt or wondering how he felt about me and never any insecurity of any kind. It all felt wonderfully natural. Another thing that strikes me is how all other guys now, no matter how good looking or nice they are, all seem kind of faded and crap compared to mine because I love him so much.

Every morning I wake up and feel like I might explode with happiness when I see him. Every time we see eachother, even if we've only been apart for a few hours we just can't stop kissing and huggin eachother and smiling. It's great. Although it must be sickening for any passers-by.

Sorry if this is all a bit mushy but you did ask!
    I completely know how you feel. That's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Me! But then again I am alot older than most on here, been with her 5 years, married and have kids so a bit different to most replying

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.