Turn on thread page Beta

Who here thinks they've found 'The One'? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachieJ)
    I have! It's totally awesome. We met two years ago and a few months later he proposed to me on top of a mountain ^^ (I'm 24 so no we're not too young)

The thing that strikes me about finding the one is how easy it is once you'd found them. There was never any doubt or wondering how he felt about me and never any insecurity of any kind. It all felt wonderfully natural. Another thing that strikes me is how all other guys now, no matter how good looking or nice they are, all seem kind of faded and crap compared to mine because I love him so much.

Every morning I wake up and feel like I might explode with happiness when I see him. Every time we see eachother, even if we've only been apart for a few hours we just can't stop kissing and huggin eachother and smiling. It's great. Although it must be sickening for any passers-by.

Sorry if this is all a bit mushy but you did ask!
    ah, jealous. how did you meet him? i want to find mine

ReputationRep:
    i've found him and we're soon to be engaged : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uktom91)
    :eek: You're right there is a lot!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gMKiAtWiFi...smith+many.gif
    yey! I knew it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not yet.
    I keep finding blokes in tinfoil on donkeys

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    I'm waiting :daydreaming:
    Wanna play snap or something while we wait?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    ah, jealous. how did you meet him? i want to find mine

omg this is so embarrassing but we met on match.com! We were both on the free trial version and he says he paid so he could message me and i paid so i could message back! I asked if he could take me out for lunch the next day which ended up in us spending the entire day together.
    Whenever people ask us we sort of shuffle around uncomfortably and mumble incoherantly.

I used to think I had, but lately he's making me feel like I'm not his 'one' any more. Making for a very depressing time considering we've been together for 4 years and now he's making me feel uncertain about our future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachieJ)
    omg this is so embarrassing but we met on match.com! We were both on the free trial version and he says he paid so he could message me and i paid so i could message back! I asked if he could take me out for lunch the next day which ended up in us spending the entire day together.
    Whenever people ask us we sort of shuffle around uncomfortably and mumble incoherantly.
    that's awesome! i've tried match.com, but found it was just full of oddbods. it's so cool you've been so lucky, i can't count the amount of email conversations i've had with people and then discovered they're not quite right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I used to think I had, but lately he's making me feel like I'm not his 'one' any more. Making for a very depressing time considering we've been together for 4 years and now he's making me feel uncertain about our future
    aw if you ever need to chat pm me breacking up or feeling like that is the worst feeling ever.

I think iv found 'the 1' we been 2egther 4 2 years and we live 2gether, he still txts me every day when his at work although two of my friends bf have died this year its really made me realise that even if he isnt the 1 he makes me happy everyday and thats something worth holding onto as long as i can
    His the sweetiest guy ever filled the bed room with candles last night, made such a mess tho max everywere lmfao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not to start up the debate about the existence of soul-mates or anything like that, but interested to see how many people think that their current partner is someone they will be likely to spend a long time/the rest of their life with.

Personally, at 19 and having had two previous long-term boyfriends I think my current partner is likely to last a long, long time.
    i was thinkin about her yesterday - pressed shuffle on my ipod and 'she's the one' by robbie williams came on - out of a playlist with 300 songs on it - you tell me - lol

ReputationRep:
    I definitely do :p:
    I've been with him just over two years now
    He's joined the RAF now and I don't see him a lot because he doesn't get many weekends off, (well he hasn't had any so far since he left) but its just made me think that he is even more so :love:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I should really get round to telling him.

yes, but she's with someone else :emo:

ReputationRep:
    If there is "a one" I dont think I'll ever find him. Long relationships dont work for me...
    Or maybe no guy can deal with me for a long enough time. Probably that, lol.

ReputationRep:
    he is 'one'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VieR)
    I am not with 'the one' now, but I know who she is. Everytime were together theres defientantly something there and she is the most naturally beautiful girl i know! We could/would of had a relationship but wen we did get together she was leaving for Aussi a couple of days later, so i didnt think i would see her again, but she came back because it didnt work with her parents but we havent been in contact much really, apart from when we see each other out.

Thing is, am i quite happy about not being that close to her now, i would prefer her to finish uni before i make the move again. Although she is on a euro trip atm, and has invited me to her 19 soon, so it'll be good having a catch up.

ummmm...god its got me thinking of her. And...erm yes i have a gf but unfortunately she isnt the one, although shes a great girl!
    ahh this is so lovely I feel the same way about a friend.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, potentially - been best friends for.. 9 years? (I lose count!), together for 3

We've even started talking about - 'the future' :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhii)
    I definitely do :p:
    I've been with him just over two years now
    He's joined the RAF now and I don't see him a lot because he doesn't get many weekends off, (well he hasn't had any so far since he left) but its just made me think that he is even more so :love:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction ???

i don't really believe in someone being 'the one', but rather 2 people being right for each other. i do think me and my man are right for each other. while i always tell myself that i'm still young and we've not been together for so long, and noone knows what will be in 10 or 15 yrs, i somehow know we will be together for a long time. he makes things so easy. i always thought love must hurt, and relationships are troublesome and exhausing and full of silly games, i realise now things can be so easy. he's my best friend.

ReputationRep:
    I really thought so, been through so much, my friend and my lover etc, but right now he's just finished it with me, not ruled out getting back together but says its highly unlikely I wish there was some sort of real medicine to fix feeling like this *sighs* If anyone wants a mope too then PM me lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.