Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who here thinks they've found 'The One'? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinsley)
    I really thought so, been through so much, my friend and my lover etc, but right now he's just finished it with me, not ruled out getting back together but says its highly unlikely I wish there was some sort of real medicine to fix feeling like this *sighs* If anyone wants a mope too then PM me lol
    :console: If you find that medicine, could to PM me?

ReputationRep:
    I thought I had but things ended just before Christmas.... Thing is, I could see myself marrying the guy I'm with now because we're so similar and we want the same things from our future, whilst my ex and I were different in that way, but there's just no passion like there was with my ex. It doesn't help that I'm missing my ex an awful lot recently which is affecting my current relationship too. It's like my current boyfriend is the stable, logical choice - the safe bet for the future - the model husband, but my ex is the one I really want to be with more than anything. I sound like a ***** I know but I honestly do love the boy I'm with now and we've come through so much together but I don't think it's right anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not to start up the debate about the existence of soul-mates or anything like that, but interested to see how many people think that their current partner is someone they will be likely to spend a long time/the rest of their life with.

Personally, at 19 and having had two previous long-term boyfriends I think my current partner is likely to last a long, long time.
    I am 21, my boyfriend is 27, we've been together almost 4 years and we are both in it for as long as possible. As i feel at this moment in time I could happily spend the rest of my life with him.

ReputationRep:
    No, but that won't stop me searching Omegle for them

ReputationRep:
    God yes. Only been with her 8 and a half months, but I couldn't imagine her not being in my life.

ReputationRep:
    I wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ta-shi)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction ???

i don't really believe in someone being 'the one', but rather 2 people being right for each other. i do think me and my man are right for each other. while i always tell myself that i'm still young and we've not been together for so long, and noone knows what will be in 10 or 15 yrs, i somehow know we will be together for a long time. he makes things so easy. i always thought love must hurt, and relationships are troublesome and exhausing and full of silly games, i realise now things can be so easy. he's my best friend.
    Nah lol luckily for me he aint :p: I'd be well shocked if I found out it wasn't the normal RAF xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbandtr4eva)
    I thought I had but things ended just before Christmas.... Thing is, I could see myself marrying the guy I'm with now because we're so similar and we want the same things from our future, whilst my ex and I were different in that way, but there's just no passion like there was with my ex. It doesn't help that I'm missing my ex an awful lot recently which is affecting my current relationship too. It's like my current boyfriend is the stable, logical choice - the safe bet for the future - the model husband, but my ex is the one I really want to be with more than anything. I sound like a ***** I know but I honestly do love the boy I'm with now and we've come through so much together but I don't think it's right anymore.
    Maybe it is your heart trying to tell you it hasn't healed properly yet from your ex and you need to be alone for a while !?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    No, but that won't stop me searching Omegle for them
    haha.

Btw, I'm pretty sure girls don't go on Omegle. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinsley)
    I really thought so, been through so much, my friend and my lover etc, but right now he's just finished it with me, not ruled out getting back together but says its highly unlikely I wish there was some sort of real medicine to fix feeling like this *sighs* If anyone wants a mope too then PM me lol
    Apparently it's better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanderlust)
    haha.

Btw, I'm pretty sure girls don't go on Omegle. :confused:
    I'm sure Kori from Canada, Ali from London, McKayla from America and Siiri from Finland would all beg to differ (unless they're all 40 year old paedophiles posing as teenage girls, which seems highly probable)

ReputationRep:
    i hate all this talk of 'the one' - i've given myself til the age of 30 to find said one and then i'm committing myself to a nunnery.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.