Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong that I have been looking at university hoodies for my firm choice, and am really tempted to buy one?
    Do people wear university hoodies anyway?

ReputationRep:
    It's sickening.

Nah, at uni loads of people have them. Wait til you're there and join any socs, they might appeal to you more

ReputationRep:
    Yes, considering that you might not get in and the fact that university hoodies are a fashion faux pas.

A lot of people do buy them:yep: but sometimes never wear them :p: But you also get Soc hoodies and hoodies for your halls (if you're living in halls-type accommodation) so you might want to wait if you want to pick and choose the best hoodies that you want unless you want to buy all of them :p:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    At least wait until you know which uni you're going to :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's so cute!

But maybe wait til you're actually there

ReputationRep:
    DONT BUY ONE!! I'm so scared of even joining the facebook group of my firm in case it jinxes my results and I don't get it..let alone buying a hoodie like I'm already at that uni!

Wait!

ReputationRep:
    university hoodie = massive douche.

ReputationRep:
    I havent really been looking at them but I am looking forward to wearing one despite the fact that purple doesnt suit me.

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember who said this about Cambridge hoodies, but this was the gist:

It's like a degree certificate and a fashion statement in one!
    Made me laugh at the time (think context had a lot to do with it, in retrospect), and is tenuously relevant :p:

ReputationRep:
    Loooooooooooooooads of people buy them, and then only tend to wear them around Uni, as if they're going through an identity crisis - "Which Uni do I go to? Oh, wait, it says on my hoodie! I remember now!" - Save yourself for a society hoodie, at least then it's informative and fashion. Most times you can have them personalised with your name on the back, or above/below the badge; lots of sports socs seem to do them in my Uni, and a few of the other socs offer them once a year as an 'idea'.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all the cool people wear them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james_dow)
    university hoodie = massive douche.
    I concur

(Original post by AP_89)
    Yeah, all the cool people wear them!
    No they don't

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you'd be tempting fate!

ReputationRep:
    University hoodies are awful

But better than;

- Lyle & Scott jumpers
    - Lyle & Scott anything
    - Jack Wills ANYTHING

ReputationRep:
    i've got one and just wear it round the house, or to go to the shop quickly, same with any freshers tshirts i picked up. they're nice to have i suppose. i wouldn't buy one before you got there though.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone saying she might not even be going there. Maybe her exams went really well and she is confident about meeting her offer :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i bought one but then never really wore it out in public, after i bought it i started to think it was slightly geeky!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Who really cares what people think, if you want one, get one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeteDoherty)
    University hoodies are awful

But better than;

- Lyle & Scott jumpers
    - Lyle & Scott anything
    - Jack Wills ANYTHING
    and what of Abercrombie & Fitch, my good chum?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.