Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey ive been trying to learn it but i cant quite seem to get the hang of it and on each of the videos i play i get like 2 or 3 out of five, has anyone got any advice they can give me and stuff they done to help them pass. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the test thursday, i was getting ~30 now i'm getting ~55... the way it's designed is pretty stupid actually, its got more to do with not wanting to trigger the anti-cheat algorithm than not being able to spot hazards!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna watch this post

ReputationRep:
    Best advice I can give is:

Click once immediately after you think you see a hazard about to develop.
    Click again as the hazard develops a little more, just in case you clicked before the window started.

Do this for everything potentially 'hazardous' you see, and you should be ok.

Remember that there are often clues as to what other road users/pedestrians are likely to do which you should click for (they are when you first realise a potential hazard), like a cyclist looking over his shoulder just ahead of you (because he might be preparing to pull out and turn right) or pedestrians stopping on the pavement facing the road (because they want to cross).

Also, if you can, do some practice ones from a DVD/online, as they will show you a time line of when you clicked and where the marks were available so you can see exactly what you are doing wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I got a DSA dvd but it shows the clip and then you press enter and then it shows you the marks after it doesnt show what ones you clicked or where the marks were available, it just shows hazards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    I got a DSA dvd but it shows the clip and then you press enter and then it shows you the marks after it doesnt show what ones you clicked or where the marks were available, it just shows hazards
    That's a bit rubbish!

I think this is the one I used, it was much more helpful:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOCUS-DRIVING-...3|293:1|294:50

ReputationRep:
    Also, someone told me the maximum number of clicks is over 20 per video. It is NOT! I merrily clicked 14 times and got an 'you have responded to this video in an unacceptable manner. You have scored 0 for this clip'.

Still passed though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)
    Also, someone told me the maximum number of clicks is over 20 per video. It is NOT! I merrily clicked 14 times and got an 'you have responded to this video in an unacceptable manner. You have scored 0 for this clip'.

Still passed though
    It's an or function. Either you've clicked over 20 times, or you've clicked in a rhythmic and repetetive manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    It's an or function. Either you've clicked over 20 times, or you've clicked in a rhythmic and repetetive manner.
    Yeah, maybe. I tend to triple-click. Bad habit. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So you could click say 10times randomly during the video and still pass???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    So you could click say 10times randomly during the video and still pass???
    Yeah. Dont do it randomly though, just ensure they appear random!

ReputationRep:
    I just had a go on an online hazard test and i was getting 4 and 5 out of each test so i dont know if im best keep doing them for awhile instead of my dvd

ReputationRep:
    you get marked down for excessive clicking, but not necesarily for clicking more than necesary ; are you getting the right hazards? If so it's just your timing to work on.

Identify a potential risk and click perhaps 3-4 times with two second intervals as things develoup. I tended to do this no more than 3 times (10 clicks or so rings alarm bells and looses a mark) and did ok - it spreads it over the event, meaing you get some sort of points

ReputationRep:
    I just watched a video on 2pass where the guy was saying every sign junction and even the word slow on the road was a hazard ...surely you'll be marked down for this in the real thing?

Are there any good online sites for this i only found 2 .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.