Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically my parents are willing to pay for a couple of years of mortgage until I have a job if I find a flat

Basically I'm looking for a studio flat with a bathroom and kitchen, I don't think my parents would stretch much beyond about £170-180 to be honest

Any reccomendations as to how I can find this sort of place and any estate agents you've ever used who you had good experiences with?

Or is anyone selling a flat? :p:

ReputationRep:
    It depends which area of central London.

ReputationRep:
    Kings Cross. Bloomsbury, Camden, Shoreditch, Holburn, Islington, Angel, Russel Square, Soho, Notting Hill, Paddington

I'd be willing to live around South Bank too just because I love the area

ReputationRep:
    http://www.findaproperty.com/ ... enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Expensive areas; go around those areas and find the local estate agents there.
    Foxtons
    Winkwork
    etc

ReputationRep:
    don't go anywhere near foxtons. My parents' friends were going to buy a house which was for sale with them but basically the agents leaked confidential financial info to the seller before the offer was accepted in order to try and get a higher price for the property (ie they knew the buyers could afford to pay more) and apparently it's common practice within the company. So yeah, they'll try and screw you over for money. STAY AWAY! :ninja:
    Also, you'll get a LOT more for your money if you go slightly away from the centre - you could probably get a one bedroom flat for the same price rather than a studio if you go about 15mins journey out of the very centre of town.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for one in south kensington, prices are sratospheric though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Basically my parents are willing to pay for a couple of years of mortgage until I have a job if I find a flat

Basically I'm looking for a studio flat with a bathroom and kitchen, I don't think my parents would stretch much beyond about £170-180 to be honest

Any reccomendations as to how I can find this sort of place and any estate agents you've ever used who you had good experiences with?

Or is anyone selling a flat?
    For that price range you could probably get a decent place in Camden Town, Somers Town, Mornington Crescent, Kentish Town or Tufnell Park. They're quite near to your uni too.

Best thing to do is grab a copy of Loot or the local paper (Camden New Journal or Camden Gazette), check out the property pages and ring the estate agents you're interested in

ReputationRep:
    Google Stern studios. Thats all they sell. And be prepared to be shocked at the prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suffolkb)
    Google Stern studios. Thats all they sell. And be prepared to be shocked at the prices.
    £200K plus for studio flats

Gonna have to go a bit further out of central for my budget, this sucks

ReputationRep:
    omg... nice

ReputationRep:
    Zone 2 is alright.

ReputationRep:
    £200k for a studio within the ring road sounds about right. (it doesn't, but you know what I mean)

Just pop slightly northwest of centre and you might be able to get a one-bedder for £180k. God I wish my folks could buy me one.

ReputationRep:
    you lucky buggar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Expensive areas; go around those areas and find the local estate agents there.
    Foxtons
    Winkwork
    etc
    fixed: Winkworth

ReputationRep:
    I live by Ealing Common, which is a really nice place and 20 mins from the very centre of London on the central line from Broadway. Somewhat cheaper to live there, too. You need to be looking at places like that, really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.