Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think when a boy/girl starts acting all shy around you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    you don't even know, does that mean you particularly like her?
    i don't really understand guys as if they sometimes stare at us and they don't even smile they just stare which is a bit weird.
    i went to an athletic store a couple of times and there is this guy there(he seems 2 years younger than me i assume hah) and he was looking at me randomly when i was entering the shop or when i was talking with a girl i know from there-they work together,i don't know what to do:/
    then he came and asked me if i was gonna wear them with a dress and what color was the dress, then he told me that the right shoe i tried on was more glamorous and he thought it was the best.
    i didn't know what to say or to start chating with him as if he may not liek me and i felt shy as my mum and grandmum were with me hahha!
    and he is cutewhat should i do?

ReputationRep:
    It means he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    just talk to him.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    talk to him, he seems to like you.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I think we don't realise we're staring most of the time... but sounds like he likes you...

ReputationRep:
    Don't make the first move, if you want him to talk to you then give him your best and most encouraging smile then look away sort of shyly. If he likes you enough he'll try talk to you if not then meh it wouldn't have worked out that well anyway. He might have a girlfriend, that tends to result in guys looking guiltily at hot girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    It means he likes you.
    good to know

ReputationRep:
    Go talk to him but don't go in thinking, "OH EM EFF GEE CUTE BOI LIEKZ ME" in case he was staring at the bacon hanging from your face which you didn't quite notice.

ReputationRep:
    stare=fancy

ReputationRep:
    In this instance, he probably likes you :top:
    In most instances, they're just surveying the talent. It's only natural
    And women are just as culpable (though they're much more subtle than men. Sigh)

ReputationRep:
    He wants to prod you with his meat-sabre, to put it bluntly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    i don't really understand guys as if they sometimes stare at us and they don't even smile they just stare which is a bit weird.
    i went to an athletic store a couple of times and there is this guy there(he seems 2 years younger than me i assume hah) and he was looking at me randomly when i was entering the shop or when i was talking with a girl i know from there-they work together,i don't know what to do:/
    then he came and asked me if i was gonna wear them with a dress and what color was the dress, then he told me that the right shoe i tried on was more glamorous and he thought it was the best.
    i didn't know what to say or to start chating with him as if he may not liek me and i felt shy as my mum and grandmum were with me hahha!
    Hmm, you sure he's not more of a gal pal? lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Could be just intrigued by you or like looking at your pretty face...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachieJ)
    Don't make the first move, if you want him to talk to you then give him your best and most encouraging smile then look away sort of shyly. If he likes you enough he'll try talk to you if not then meh it wouldn't have worked out that well anyway. He might have a girlfriend, that tends to result in guys looking guiltily at hot girls
    i kind of did that and he talked to me but that was more like for his job than real chatting
    well he didnt say who are you,your name and all that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomangegi)
    Hmm, you sure he's not more of a gal pal? lol
    Lol exactly what I was thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)

It sounds like he might like you. He might just have been trying to make a sale though. Maybe go to that shop again (same day of the week + same time so you know he'll be working there) and try starting a converstaion with him about something other than things you can buy fro the shop, may be that'll give you more of a clue. Oh, and go without your mum/grandma next time :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin.)
    Lol exactly what I was thinking
    if that means gay,i can say he is 100% NOT gay

ReputationRep:
    Well, go for it. He's probably interested in you, and if not, oh well. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

That said, sometimes I stare at people by accident if I'm just zoning out. Then when they're giving me a weird stare back, It's all a bit awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Battenberg)
    It sounds like he might like you. He might just have been trying to make a sale though. Maybe go to that shop again (same day of the week + same time so you know he'll be working there) and try starting a converstaion with him about something other than things you can buy fro the shop, may be that'll give you more of a clue. Oh, and go without your mum/grandma next time :p:
    i dont think he did that for the sales.the store earns too much hah
    that could work thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    Well, go for it. He's probably interested in you, and if not, oh well. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

That said, sometimes I stare at people by accident if I'm just zoning out. Then when they're giving me a weird stare back, It's all a bit awkward.
    you are right!if i get a more comfortable chance probably less crowdy place, i will go for it and whatever happens haha
    thanks

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.