Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed my undergrad at UCL (maths with econ) and am trying to look at different unis that offer an MSc in something finance related even though its very late.

Where do I need to look to get a sort of 'ranking' for the different business schools such as Cass etc...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the Wall Street Journal does some rankings, but it may just be for the MBA. I just had a quick search and couldn't find much. But I found this from the Wall Street website:
    http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...Scoreboard.pdf

It's from 2007, but it's something.

ReputationRep:
    There's no particular ranking that I am aware of that looks specifically at this subject. However, the common perception is:

LBS has the top MFin programme in the UK by a long way, however that requires some work experience. MPhil Finance in Cambridge is considered highly in terms of the mathematical content and the theoretical quality. MFE in Oxford is decent, but a newer degree and is more "soft" than the Cambridge MPhil. It is comparable to the MFin in LBS, however it's reputation is significantly below that. MSc Fin & Econ is the top programme at LSE for academics and is ranked highly also; the MSc in Finance at LSE is a newer version that is once again more "soft" - however it has not established a strong reputation yet, though it places students well into IB etc.

No idea about any other programmes. IMHO Cass is a bit overrated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.