Turn on thread page Beta

It aint over till its over watch

Announcements

Me and my girlfriend have been on a break thing for about 2.5 months, as she said she couldnt be in a relationship at the time (exams, family issues etc), so we decided to take a break. I was heartbroken but thought all along that she'd come back to me.

During that time we'd talk for a bit every few weeks. Yesterday I called her up to see how she was doing (after not talking for like 5 weeks).

It was like the most awkward conversation Id ever had. We talked for like 10 mins and then I asked her if shed like to meet up for a proper catchup, and she was like 'sure, but Im going on holiday soon'.

Thing is shes going on holiday at the end of the month, so surely she could have spared at least half a day to see me.

For some reason I felt inside that she didnt want to be with me anymore. I know it sounds immature, but I was crying all night and couldnt sleep.

I dont know what to do anymore

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

Can't you meet up before the end of the month (before her holiday) and talk about it? Find out whether you're going to give it another try or be friends?

I hope things get better for you =] x

ReputationRep:
    If she's not interested anymore, you need to get closure. It's not fair on you otherwise. Tell her straight that you need to meet up to talk about whats going on with you and her, before she goes away. If you need a definite answer then tell her that. Being unsure how she feels will end up hurting you even more in the long run. Good luck :]

ReputationRep:
    I personally dont advise taking a break unless you arent that bothered about your partner any more.
    You can tell if two people belong together because the break will be agony for both parties and will end up going back out properly again.
    She probs didnt miss you at all during the break and has realised she doesnt need you anymore.
    Dont worry about it, you will date hundreds of girls. A lot of which WILL come crawling back.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.