Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How does a homosexual know when they have lost their virginity? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you think about it, everyone pretty much loses their 'virginity' the first time they masturbate...

Just throwing it out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    A woman can't penetrate a man, but the being penetrated is what usually counts as her losing her virginity in a hetero relationship.

And you can't apply the same penetration rule to same-sex couples, because plenty of gay men and lesbians choose not to have any form of penetration.
    lol. well i'm not really bothered enough to carry on haha. I guess you've lost you're virginity when you feel like you're no longer a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    This thread just calls for a :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's both ways, when you pentetrate or are penetrated.
    For girls it's a little more weirder, they can technically still loose their virginity to another girl through some sort of penetration.
    I suppose if your gay you know you've lost your viginity when your arse really hurts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    **** up the bum
    I don't think that works with lesbians
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i suppose that for men the good old "ring of fire" might be an indication

ReputationRep:
    Even if you were penetrating or being penetrated, I would count that as losing your virginity.

With a lesbian couple, isn't it more about the emotional connection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daveywavey)
    With a lesbian couple, isn't it more about the emotional connection?
    Couldn't a straight person or gay male also lose their virginity though "emotional connection"?

ReputationRep:
    technically, lesbians who have never had sex with a man are virgins. There is also no mininum age of consent for lesbians. (I argue about this all the time as people insist that it is 16 but as far as I know there isn't one any way)

However, to go into man bashing territory for a moment, why must sex involve a winkie to count as real sex? I'm a lesbian but i definately don't think of myself as just innocently playing around until a big winkie comes along to show me a "real" good time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    I don't think that works with lesbians
    err lesbians can't have proper sex so the question doesn't apply...

ReputationRep:
    You lose your virginity when you've had sex. Gay or straight. Its still sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Couldn't a straight person or gay male also lose their virginity though "emotional connection"?
    I'm not saying that having an "emotional connection" means you lose your virginity. I just meant that with two lesbians, isn't it more about being emotionally connected and companionship rather than falling into bed with each other? I guess a lesbian could only really answer that question.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    A **** in or around a mans arse

So in genral when they participate (2 gays) in ****-arse complexes they are fully fleged gay non-virgins.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daveywavey)
    I'm not saying that having an "emotional connection" means you lose your virginity. I just meant that with two lesbians, isn't it more about being emotionally connected and companionship rather than falling into bed with each other? I guess a lesbian could only really answer that question.
    Hmmm... all relationships that don't revolve around sex have deep emotional connection at their centre. It's not exclusive to lesbians, or something that exists in every lesbian relationship. Also (anecdotal evidence warning) I know lesbians who sleep around, so it can't be that way for everyone.

Do you just think that lesbians never lose their virginity, even if they've had numerous sexual experiences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    err lesbians can't have proper sex so the question doesn't apply...
    i think lesbians would say that proper sex doesn't have to involve a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_pinnock54)
    What an attractive and pleasant thought...
    Who made out that homosexual activity was attractive?

ReputationRep:
    What he said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gazzab)
    If you think about it, everyone pretty much loses their 'virginity' the first time they masturbate...

Just throwing it out there

:curious:

What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romeos*****)
    technically, lesbians who have never had sex with a man are virgins. There is also no mininum age of consent for lesbians. (I argue about this all the time as people insist that it is 16 but as far as I know there isn't one any way)

However, to go into man bashing territory for a moment, why must sex involve a winkie to count as real sex? I'm a lesbian but i definitely don't think of myself as just innocently playing around until a big winkie comes along to show me a "real" good time.
    Strictly speaking, the age of consent applies to all sexual activity under 16. So we do have a minimum age of consent really, because it doesn't just mean penetrative sex. I totally agree with your second statement too, I don't consider myself to still be a virgin although from a medical point of view.

On a sidenote, I love the wording of this question :yep:

ReputationRep:
    yeah but what do they know :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.