Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A question for the guys ... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you were attracted to a girl and got along with her, what would stop you from pursuing a relationship with her or 'making or move'??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not thinking im her type, Has a bf, being shy, fear of rejection, not wanting to harm the good friendship, her speaking to you about other guys..the list is endless...give us some detail..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelli-bean)
    If you were attracted to a girl and got along with her, what would stop you from pursuing a relationship with her or 'making or move'??
    Don't wanna ruin a good friendship...well in my case anyways

ReputationRep:
    History of a sex change. Otherwise, I'm fairly flexible.

ReputationRep:
    Because you've not made it obvious that you like him.

Edit: and I mean obvious!

ReputationRep:
    Thinking you don't have a chance, her showing no signs of being interested, chance she has a bf, her having friends very much unlike your own, fear of rejection and such like.

ReputationRep:
    If it would make things awkward at work/school etc

If she lived somewhere that was too far away/ had some other reason why we wouldn't see each other very much (because then we might as well just stay friends and not get into the messy LDR stuff)

If she had a boyfriend/girlfriend

If I got the impression that we would be better as friends, and didn't want to ruin it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    History of a sex change. Otherwise, I'm fairly flexible.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    If I don't want to ruin our friendship, if I see that it wouldn't be the best or if she isn't my type after all

ReputationRep:
    being shy adn instead just wanting to be friends, but not a girllfriend relationship just yet.

ReputationRep:
    the one and only reason ..mess the friendship up, if rejected then dam it would be awkard from then on! would probably drift apart after that

ReputationRep:
    interesting answers guys ... i was wondering because i keep hearing that if a guy hasn't made a move over a period of time, then he's just not that into you! how true is this?

would shyness/uncertainty really put off a guy that much?

also, how can you tell the difference between a guy who wants to ask you out but is shy, and a guy who has decided not to pursue a relationship with you for whatever reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utd88)
    the one and only reason ..mess the friendship up, if rejected then dam it would be awkard from then on! would probably drift apart after that
    but if you liked someone enough, wouldn't the risk be worth it?

ReputationRep:
    Her being fat olololo

ReputationRep:
    maybe. but if you are unsure about her reaction.., is she just being nice or does she actually like you!?

the risk might be worth it, it might not - a suppose its a case of being confident of the subsequence reaction and most likely outcome

its all too confusing lol

ReputationRep:
    Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    If something better comes along.

- having a boyfriend
    - being too shy
    - not showing any signs that shes interested

ReputationRep:
    interesting answers guys ... i was wondering because i keep hearing that if a guy hasn't made a move over a period of time, then he's just not that into you! how true is this?

would shyness/uncertainty really put off a guy that much?

also, how can you tell the difference between a guy who wants to ask you out but is shy, and a guy who has decided not to pursue a relationship with you for whatever reason?
    Make the first move and find out. If he's shy then it might give him a confidence boost, if he's not into you, then he'll tell you.

ReputationRep:
    If I knew it was going to end - e.g. moving away for uni. If we had some major differences on important views, sex before marriage etc. can really tear a relationship apart.

Umm... if I knew that underneath her nice appearance laid a really nasty person? Things that would eventually lead to difficulties and eventually a relationship that would have a really nasty end.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.