Getting really depressed about my tiny weight and nothing seems to work :( Watch

Brotherhood
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by marktitan)
Hey!

I have a few queries I was just looking for a bit of advice from you

The diet is going reallly well, I'm putting on by the day but how much did you gain in one week/one month and what should I perhaps be aiming for?
Is it necessary to have any protein/whey shakes pre/post workout?

Thanks! You've all reallly helped me get along with this and I hope to seee visible results soon!
I can't remember. Like 1-2lbs a week or something. Protein shakes are useful post-workout but the rest of your diet would be better off being whole food.
marktitan
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Brotherhood)
I can't remember. Like 1-2lbs a week or something. Protein shakes are useful post-workout but the rest of your diet would be better off being whole food.
That's what I'm aiming for.
However, in the past week I have put on more than I expected.
On Saturday I weighed 8 st 14 Today I weigh 9 st 6

I was a bit concerned that this is a lot but mm maybe it's a good sign that it's working? Or I was thinking it might be the milk?
Redefined
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's what I'm aiming for.
However, in the past week I have put on more than I expected.
On Saturday I weighed 8 st 14 Today I weigh 9 st 6

I was a bit concerned that this is a lot but mm maybe it's a good sign that it's working? Or I was thinking it might be the milk?
Depends on whether you weighed under the same conditions, after all 6lbs is not that much.
knoxuk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mark Rippetoe)
We're all trying to keep this young squire AWAY from silly-ass weak bodybuilder bull**** and you're trying to undo all our hardwork!! What the hell is wrong with you?!?
He needs 48 hrs of rest between each part, what do you want him doing, overworking each muscle so he sees bascially no results?!
SMed
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by knoxuk)
He needs 48 hrs of rest between each part, what do you want him doing, overworking each muscle so he sees bascially no results?!

Double Fail. :rofl:
marktitan
Hey guys thought I'd post a few updates!

I'm now nearly 10 stone which is fantastic. I'm looking a lot better and feel a lot better.The gains seem to be a lot of fat but I needed it to be honest.
I'm going to continue with starting strength this year! Do you think 12/13 stone is possible by the end of 2010? Cheers!
Brotherhood
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes.
marktitan
Yes.
Ahh right thanks

I'm a bit scared I'll start to look skinny fat :erm: Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
Brotherhood
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You won't look skinny fat unless your diet's crap.

Bulk up slower now that you've put some weight on.

Food choices.

Nutrient timing.

Routine.

HIIT.
marktitan
You won't look skinny fat unless your diet's crap.

Bulk up slower now that you've put some weight on.

Food choices.

Nutrient timing.

Routine.

HIIT.
Cheers!
I'm not quite 10 stone yet so I'll probably slow down when I reach 10.5 because I still look quite skinny at the moment. I will definitely cut down on the milk soon- 5/6 pints a day really isn't nice after a month!

Would you be able to elaborate a little on the food choices/nutrient timing? Sorry it's just TSR is my only real form of real good advice I'm getting with regards to bulking :o: The people at my gym aren't entirely helpful albeit nice people.
SMed
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahh right thanks

I'm a bit scared I'll start to look skinny fat :erm: Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
Skinny fat may be a necessary stepping stone. The order goes:

Skinny --> Skinny-fat --> Viking.

Brotherhood
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cheers!
I'm not quite 10 stone yet so I'll probably slow down when I reach 10.5 because I still look quite skinny at the moment. I will definitely cut down on the milk soon- 5/6 pints a day really isn't nice after a month!

Would you be able to elaborate a little on the food choices/nutrient timing? Sorry it's just TSR is my only real form of real good advice I'm getting with regards to bulking :o: The people at my gym aren't entirely helpful albeit nice people.
Carbs for breakfast and around exercise. Complex only except immediately PWO. Fruit in first two meals of day, fibrous veg all other times, more carb heavy veg is fine PPWO.

Five to six meals a day, three carb/protein, three protein/fat. Protein and fat split evenly, carbs tapered down through the day.

Food choices are pretty obvious, clean and lean. Good fats. Big meal after working out, decent shake to put you on until you get home. Lots of veggies.

Tbh you don't have to be anywhere near that anal at your weight, but if you're putting a lot of fat on you might be a bit endo. No sense adding unnecessary weight. My blog's got some stuff in it in some recent posts. I'm cutting but there's still some decent stuff to take away from it.

The most important thing at your stage is to lift big and get lots of calories in. You can worry about more advanced stuff later.
indigoblue
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RawJoh1)
Have a pint of full fat milk after every meal. That's an extra 1000kcal right there.
Where do you all this milk??
RawJoh1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by indigoblue)
Where do you all this milk??
Eh?
rotatoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi guys

I joined TSR for some help basically

I am an 18 year old male and I am very underweight. I weight 132pounds/60kg/9 stone and am very tall- around 6 ft 2 I would say. I eat very well but haven't gained any weight in the past year! I've tried going to the gym but this failed aswell.

This makes me incredibly skinnny. It's not been much of a problem for me up until now when people have started to make comments and such. I have now committed myself the whole summer and the rest of this year to put on some weight and gain some muscle!

I just need some advice really. I have searched the forum thoroughly and looked at many websites and I just need to get going.

I have started to increase my calorie intake to about 4000 calories a day with 6 solid meals. Do you think supplements are a good idea?

I've also joined a different gym which have very good weight machines that target specific muscles. Should I use these or dumbells? I was thinking of reading starting strength but I'm not sure if it's what I want.

Thanks!

stop working out like a fanny and stop drinking excessively. A couple friends moan about being hardgainers but they do stupid workouts from Cosmo then drink every day. If i can get from 130lbs to 190lb, so can you
marktitan
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by RawJoh1)
(Original post by SMed)
Hi guys

Just thought I'd update you on my progress since you were so helpful last year!
I now weigh 11 stone 9 which is fantastic
Absolutely loving SS...I look SO much healthier everyone has noticed how much better I look!

Lifts currently:

Squat 80kg
Bench 50kg
Deadlift 100kg
OHP 40kg
Barbell row 50kg

Thanks again guys!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (443)
91.72%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (40)
8.28%

Watched Threads