Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Greetings, I am Cristina, a Romanian student..and I am looking forward to applying for Experimental Psychology at Oxford or Natural Sciences at Cambridge, but i still have some riddles to solve:
    I know that the tuition fees can be suported by the government, but i am most worried about accomodation, living and food costs:

1. As far as Cambridge is concerned, i've seen that for example, at King's college (where I would most like to apply for) it says all these costs are about 1075 / term, but the Natural Science course is structured in years...how much will then be for a year?
    2.And i still don't know how much it would cost for Oxford, for Christ Church College...
    3. If i am from an EU country, will i be eligible to apply for a lon or a bursary and what kind for Cambridge or Oxford?

I would most apreciate any help, any suggestion and any advice...but please, do not redirect me to the university's website, because i have already read that...I am looking for help from more experienced persons or someone who knows exactly how everything works...
    ...The money issue is the biggest concern right now for me and my family...It all comes down to money, unfortunately..

Thank you in advance ! All the best !

ReputationRep:
    Generally, university years are made up of two semesters, or three terms. So, you'd be looking at just over £3,000 per year based on that estimate. Some people will spend more, some will spend less.
    Your funding will have to come from your own country, so look into what Romania can offer you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACCN)
    1. As far as Cambridge is concerned, i've seen that for example, at King's college (where I would most like to apply for) it says all these costs are about 1075 / term, but the Natural Science course is structured in years...how much will then be for a year?
    I think that's pushing it. Just a bit :p: Rent will be ~£80/week? You'll be staying 8-10 weeks per term, so from that alone you're paying £640/term. I think the estimate I got from the college was around £6500/year, though that's the average so you could live on less than that.

3. If i am from an EU country, will i be eligible to apply for a lon or a bursary and what kind for Cambridge or Oxford?
    I'd just go on the basis that if you're good enough to get in, you wont have to worry about money. From what I hear they're really supportive, I doubt it'll be a problem.

I'd suggest visiting the specific forums though; there are plenty of helpful people on the Cambridge forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=15. You'll probably get a lot more information from a thread there than here.

P.S. NatSci is way better than whatever that other thing is :p:

ReputationRep:
    Buna. Si eu doresc sa aplic la Cambridge anul acesta, si din cate stiu eu taxa este de 3225 lire pe an. La ce alte facultati ai aplicat?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.