Turn on thread page Beta

Imogen Heap - First Train Home watch

Announcements

Can't quite describe how much I love this and how excited I am she's finished and is releasing a new album - been far too long.
    Anyway here is the song which will be the first single off the new album 'Ellipse'.

thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYa0_3Py6U

ReputationRep:
    I liked the first album, though it was rather mixed. Hide and Seek was a gem, but apart from that it was a bit... meh....

I like this song.

She's had two previous albums :tongue:
    I really liked Speak For Yourself and I, Megaphone - have you heard any of her work as part of Frou Frou? Quite good

This song, I love.

I've only really listened to and liked Hide and Seek properly. Her other songs don't really appeal to me :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE her voice! All of her songs are beautiful! Of course, it's completely subjective; I guess I just started listening to her at a good time in my life and now she reminds me of happy times or whatever. But there's definitely something about her voice that is so uplifting :yep:

I didn't know she was releasing a new album! Thanks so much for this, new single sounds great too!

ReputationRep:
    awesome, i've only ever heard her hide and seek track remixed by tiesto.. she has such a good voice

ReputationRep:
    LOVE IT... just wondering tough... what genre is her music? it's like between electronica and some ethereal sort of pop...

And also can anyone think of any music that's similar to her's?

I really love that song by the way... I'm so glad she's got a new album out. Finally some new music to listen to tht I know I'm going to really like.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yay! I didn't know she was releasing any new stuff. About time eh? I hope she goes on tour.

ReputationRep:
    Stray, I love you, you've just made my day.

ReputationRep:
    The OC was such a great show and it introduced me to many great artists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    She's had two previous albums :tongue:
    I really liked Speak For Yourself and I, Megaphone - have you heard any of her work as part of Frou Frou? Quite good

This song, I love.
    Oh, Frou Frou :coma: :suith:
    Haven't listened for quite a while, thanks for the reminder.

It makes me happy that there are fans out there on tsr.
    Cheers guys!
    Album's out Aug 24th/25th I think. She must tour and I WILL see her!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds just like her other songs.

ReputationRep:
    I have her Frou Frou album in my car and I often listen to it straight through. Once you've heard Let Go you will fall in love and never out of it. I first heard it more than 3 years ago and I've never stopped loving it ever since. One of my favourite songs ever. Her work in Frou Frou is a lot more electronica though, her first solo album had far fewer 'play with' vocals, but her vocal range is astounding nonetheless. I may have to get this album. Dammit. Too much music to acquire and too little money.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for reminding me, I constantly mean to listen to more of her music but never get around to it. I first heard of her with Let Go a couple of years back and adored it. This song is fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    If the whole album is as great as the song Stray has embedded, I will buy 4 copies, three for my friends and one for me!

I love Imogen Heap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Sounds just like her other songs.
    Yeah. It's good, as is the rest of her stuff and I like it but it's nothing new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    It makes me happy that there are fans out there on tsr.
    Cheers guys!
    Album's out Aug 24th/25th I think. She must tour and I WILL see her!
    Really... I get goosebumps whenever I listen to 'Let Go'...
    She's touring America this Autumn and then Asia and Europe and she'll be here at the beginning of next year! Yay
    I'm DEFINITELY going too!

ReputationRep:
    She's pretty decent - bit hit and miss I find though, but Headlock is a mint song. Thanks for bringing my attention to this new album, will give it a listen!

Another track:

"Canvas"

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.