Turn on thread page Beta

Please keep anon.

Hi,
    I am having a swab today and I am scared out of my mind,
    I think the fear of it may be to do with the results and all that stuff, due to the fact i have been having bad stomach pains, and viginal pains and bad discharge.

I am also scared about the fact that someone is putting something up my 'thingy'. This might sound pathetic, but i am a virgin and its really scary for me.

Can someone help ease my mind on all this stuff

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just think about the fact that you will know what the problem is afterwards. It's not the nicest thing to do in the world, but it gives answers.
    Hope everything is ok

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon.

Hi,
    I am having a swab today and I am scared out of my mind,
    I think the fear of it may be to do with the results and all that stuff, due to the fact i have been having bad stomach pains, and viginal pains and bad discharge.

I am also scared about the fact that someone is putting something up my 'thingy'. This might sound pathetic, but i am a virgin and its really scary for me.

Can someone help ease my mind on all this stuff

Thanks
    I am a virgin and I had a swab done too, they ask if you are one before they do it. It will hurt a little bit more than if you aren't, but it's not pain to make you cry so don't worry. I can't help you on your symptoms, but the best thing is to not be tense, because it will hurt more that way. Just relax during it, it's over quickly.

Hope it goes ok.

Also I will admit it does feel a bit weird to be all semi naked, but they've seen it all before and are very professional. Don't be scared, things are supposed to go in there Don't be scared, just take deep breaths!

ReputationRep:
    Well at least it isn't an STI. But I would honestly check it out, despite your fears I bet if it turns out to be serious when left untreated you'll feel worse for having not done this earlier.

I think the thing you need to remember is that the people are doctors, they do this kinds of thing day after day; it's only new to you. They won't do anything which makes you feel especially uncomfortable and you can request a female doctor if needs me It will go by so much quicker and easier if you just relax.

glx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.