Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Russians snub Obama, refuse to shake his hand Watch

ReputationRep:
    Россия. Почему Вы должны унижать о великой стране, которая Америки. Это мерзость ...

Но подождите, Обама фактически представляя политиков. Как вводить в заблуждение ФП ... мама, любовь проблемы ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    I really dislike Russia as a country (not russians themselves) not because of this incident (in fact they have gone up in my books) but because of the way they're treating their minorities and other countries in general.

It is a shame that Iran has to deal with these goons.
    Oh the irony.

Clearly, Iran treats its minorities with the utmost respect. :rolleyes:

Deluded fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    Oh the irony.

Deluded fool.
    We have one the largest groups of Jews in Iran, and they feel Iranian and are treated no different...

Maybe you should research before you post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    We have one the largest groups of Jews in Iran, and they feel Iranian and are treated no different...

Oh yes, clearly homosexuals and females aren't oppressed in Iran. Stop being blinded by your nationalistic outlook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Россия. Почему Вы должны унижать о великой стране, которая Америки. Это мерзость ...

Но подождите, Обама фактически представляя политиков. Как вводить в заблуждение ФП ... мама, любовь проблемы ...
    Really, don't ever use online translators...:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Oh the irony.

Deluded fool.

Iran is a country full of different ethnicities and it always has been. There is no "Iranian" race, it is filled with different races.

Everyone is treated fairly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by over 9000!)
    you just dont get it ....5 nukes will wreck ruissa for generations...one in each of their major cities..it doesnt matter whether the entire land mass is hit...the population would starve. the economy ruined.

its a no win situation for russia...then there is our ally the united states.
    usa would unleash hell on russia if the uk ever got nuked

No i do get it. But there would still be a russia...

You are delluded if you think America would start a nuclear war with Russia for it's anoying 51st state.

ReputationRep:
    No i do get it. But there would still be a russia...

You are delluded if you think America would start a nuclear war with Russia for it's anoying 51st state.
    no you are deluded in thinking that the usa would sit back and allow russia to attack its closest ally.

ReputationRep:
    Oh the irony.

Deluded fool.
    It doesn't with the Homosexuals, and it is not as if people are not happy with this.

The father of a homosexual would kill it/ disown them before the government has a chance to do anything.

Women are not a minority (Maybe they are in Russia! :rolleyes: all of the russian girls seem to move away) and they make up 70% of university graduates.

In fact women in Iran are more successfull than the men these days.

ReputationRep:
    no you are deluded in thinking that the usa would sit back and allow russia to attack its closest ally.

There is no such thing as an "ally" but interests.

If it is in Americas interest to have a 51st state then they'll have a 51st state. As soon as it becomes harmful to have a puppy, they will let the puppy go.

ReputationRep:
    Iran is a country full of different ethnicities and it always has been. There is no "Iranian" race, it is filled with different races.

Everyone is treated fairly.
    Races aren't the only minority in a country. Does your brain lacks the capacity to understand this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)

Mate, I like you and all, I think you're :awesome:

But come on, you know that's a lie. Bahais, women, homosexuals and so on are treated outrageously.

Read this:

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL34021.pdf

I agree that the treatment of Jews by the Iranian regime is better than the Arabs, but it is not ideal.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't with the Homosexuals, and it is not as if people are not happy with this. The father of a homosexual would kill it/ disown them before the government has a chance to do anything.
    So, you advocate the fact that the Iranian people are as backward and bigoted as their leaders?

Nice reference to a homosexual as 'it'. Don't worry, most people on this forum also consider you sub-human, considering the infantile, uneducated tripe you constantly spout.

In fact women in Iran are more successfull than the men these days.
    Yet still repressed and unequal. Stoned for being rape victims et al.

ReputationRep:
    just remember when you buy anything russian....your supporting these thugs

russia is oour enemy...no matter how well they try to disguise it they are looking for the downfall of the eu and usa

Right then, best turn your hot water off, and your TV, and for that matter your computer, and of course you can forget about making a cup of tea. For that matter don't even think about driving anywhere, as the oil 'might' have come from Russia...

Just about the only thing worthwhile that Russia exports (short of cheap military hardware and the only really reliable space delivery system still in regular use) is of course oil and gas, plus industrial diamonds of course...

ReputationRep:
    So, you advocate the fact that the Iranian people are as backward and bigoted as their leaders?

Nice reference to a homosexual as 'it'. Don't worry, most people on this forum also consider you sub-human, considering the infantile, uneducated tripe you constantly spout.
    Please don't listen to him. He is homophobic and bigoted, please, do not judge a nation of 70 million by one person.

Prior to the Revolution gay people weren't hanged, Iran was one of the most liberal nations in the Middle East. Please diffrentiate between Islamofascist dictators and an oppressed populace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Mate, I like you and all, I think you're :awesome:

But come on, you know that's a lie. Bahais, women, homosexuals and so on are treated outrageously.

Read this:

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL34021.pdf

I agree that the treatment of Jews by the Iranian regime is better than the Arabs, but it is not ideal.
    Homosexuality is wrong in our culture. The people are happy with the law. It would be bad if they made a law that let homosexuals do as they please because it is not what the people want.

Bahais are insulting our religion and so again, the people do not care for them.

Women are not a minority.

The treatment of Jews is very good, why is it not ideal.

In fact, wtf am i doing talking to you, you've never been to Iran and all you know about it is from wikipedia, bbc and amnesty.

ReputationRep:

It isn't bigotry. Up untill 30 years ago, it was illegal to be gay in the UK.

I did not mean that they are not human. I meant homsexuality itself.

Yet still repressed and unequal. Stoned for being rape victims et al
    where? Do you have a link?

ReputationRep:
    The treatment of women is not ideal, i agree and i am not defending the regime, but i was talking about the way russia treats its ethnic minorities like it does with the chechens.

Women and homosexuals are not ethnic minorities.

ReputationRep:
    Homosexuality is wrong in our culture. The people are happy with the law. It would be bad if they made a law that let homosexuals do as they please because it is not what the people want.
    Says who?

Before the Revolution homosexuals weren't hanged. Why do you think our people have become so barbaric in 30 years?

Bahais are insulting our religion and so again, the people do not care for them.
    If all Iranians were like you I'd pretend to be an Arab and give up on my culture. Your idea of what Iranians are like is disgusting, you paint us all out to be homophobic bigots. I pity you.

Women are not a minority.
    And yet they're treated worse than anyone else...

The treatment of Jews is very good, why is it not ideal.
    You didn't read the link did you?

In fact, wtf am i doing talking to you, you've never been to Iran and all you know about it is from wikipedia, bbc and amnesty.
    Do not insult my intelligence, I know far more than you ever will.

ReputationRep:
    Races aren't the only minority in a country. Does your brain lacks the capacity to understand this?

well women are not minorities are they?

Gays are (maybe not in russia :awsome: ) but i have explained why that is so.

Homosecuality will not be made legal for a long long time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.