Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Russians snub Obama, refuse to shake his hand Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Please don't listen to him. He is homophobic and bigoted, please, do not judge a nation of 70 million by one person.
    That's why Iranians like yourself are needed to correct people like that, especially when they constantly refer to the Iranian people as 'we', thus encapsulating them within their repugnant, bigoted mentality.

I do fear that there are a hefty proportion of Iranians which follow Batefail's repulsive mentality. It's comforting to know that not all of them are like this, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)

Do not insult my intelligence, I know far more than you ever will.

lol. do you really believe that yourself? Need i bring it all up again? last time i did you were very upset and wanted to take a gap year. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ha quality, almost as good as what Ronan O'Gara did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    That's why Iranians like yourself are needed to correct people like that, especially when they constantly refer to the Iranian people as 'we', thus encapsulating them within their repugnant, bigoted mentality.

I do fear that there are a hefty proportion of Iranians which follow Batefail's repulsive mentality. It's comforting to know that not all of them are like this, however.

He is not Iranian. His parents are, and they left Iran after the revolution.. They were probably enjoying the shahs money whilst the majority of Iranians were under the poverty line.

99% of Iranians are like this, how would you feel if i told you it was illegal to be gay in the UK untill the 70s?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway back to russia... (stop derailing this thread democracy, go and read a medi- biolog- biomedicne book or something

Did you know that their population will decrease by 30% by 2050?

And that an alarming number of them are alcoholics and infertile?

ReputationRep:
    Even if they were indeed snubbing Obama there, it wouldn't beat this one in my opinion:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)

I disagree. Like any nation we have backwarded people. Though this is a result of bad education and an excessive reliance on Islam and other outdated religions as the gospel truth. Islam is a religion. It shouldn't form the law of the land.

Though remember the majority of people in Iran are under 30 (75% of them to be precise). These people have been protesting for over a month now in Iran for their freedom. They do not appreciate the archaic laws which they are subjected to by the mullah filth.

(Original post by Bateman)
    lol. do you really believe that yourself? Need i bring it all up again? last time i did you were very upset and wanted to take a gap year.
    By all means bring it up. I am immensely proud of myself, what I've achieved and what I will do in the future.

If you think part of a debate is insults, sorry "ad homien" attacks, that's your business, but bear in mind the mods will ban your arse again.

ReputationRep:
    lol. do you really believe that yourself? Need i bring it all up again? last time i did you were very upset and wanted to take a gap year. :rolleyes:
    Bateman - your views are absolutely counter to Western Liberal values, which makes you repulsive and repugnant to us. We believe that what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home is none of our business, and we believe all peoples have the freedom to believe what they believe. Maybe you should live in Iran if you cannot stand our values so much.

ReputationRep:
    99% of Iranians are like this, how would you feel if i told you it was illegal to be gay in the UK untill the 70s?
    1) It was not punishable by death.

2) That was over 30 years ago. Society has progressed rapidly since then, apart from a few backwater dictatorships.

ReputationRep:
    He is not Iranian. His parents are, and they left Iran after the revolution.. They were probably enjoying the shahs money whilst the majority of Iranians were under the poverty line.

:rofl:

Roll on you troll, my parents left during the Shah's reign. Anyway, enjoy the ban, you don't know how to stop, you don't know when to stop, so pretty soon I'm confident you'll be banned again

I'd honestly think that when someone is banned as many times as you for insults and trolling, they'd get the message. Looks like I've underestimated the stupidity of a Mullah supporter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    my god, people in this thread are really stupid

he's pointing at people introducing medelev medvedev, whatever his name is

bloody hell
    Really? because the other people who posted before you didn't point this out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    Ha quality, almost as good as what Ronan O'Gara did
    He did shake hands with the Queen. That was after the greeting - it was an informal chit chat.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you assume something like this and then use it to undermine someone in a debate? You have no proof what so ever and yet you have actually chosen to type it into your computer and post it on a debating forum. Is this another one of the techniques you picked up in your oh-so fruitful debating competitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Right then, best turn your hot water off, and your TV, and for that matter your computer, and of course you can forget about making a cup of tea. For that matter don't even think about driving anywhere, as the oil 'might' have come from Russia...

Just about the only thing worthwhile that Russia exports (short of cheap military hardware and the only really reliable space delivery system still in regular use) is of course oil and gas, plus industrial diamonds of course...

are you a complete retard?

the uk does not buy oil or gas from russia. and as for military hardware you seem to be unaware that britains very own BAE systems is the worlds second largest miltary supplier.

we will do fine without those vodka swilling thugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gr8)
    He was not shaking anyone's hand, he was simply introducing Mendeelev, he had not intention of shaking hands, just introducing them? Very misleading, poor video, thread closed.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PauloG.)
    Even if they were indeed snubbing Obama there, it wouldn't beat this one in my opinion:

lol!

I love all the would be moderators closing this thread - even if it wasn't real it was entertaining, get over yourselves and go lock your own threads. kthnxbai.

ReputationRep:
    Blah.
    I am perplexed by people like you.

You sit there belittling and whinging about Britain and portraying Iran as some honorable paradise compared with British decadence (God forbid homosexuals are allowed to live here), whilst fully taking advantage of Britain's freedoms and public services.

Why don't you invest in a one way plane ticket to Tehran, if you are so desperate to live under the Mullahs and find British values so repugnant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gr8)
    He was not shaking anyone's hand, he was simply introducing Mendeelev, he had not intention of shaking hands, just introducing them? Very misleading, poor video, thread closed.
    ahhh yes, well spotted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timelordess)
    Aren't Russians famously racist? Is that what this is about?
    The Cold War and the space thing... you know Russians and Americans always seem to be in conflict...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    Really, don't ever use online translators...:facepalm:
    Oh really, well how do you like this. It is both Ukranian and Russian

Вышел из тени вновь, мой враг, моя любовь
    Неизбежна моя доля, сколько сердце ни готовь
    Но, прежде чем уйти, колечком золотым
    Обручил меня с собою и от чар не защитил
    И на волю мою душу не пустил

Мамо, а ти ж мені казала як не жадай
    Мамо, а я ж тоді не знала де ж та біда
    Мамо, а ти ж мені казала час як вода
    Мамо, мамо, мамо, любов – біда

Брошу мечту свою и об пол разобью
    Как сломал ты мою долю и оставил на краю
    Я дождём девичьи слезы разолью

Мама, а ты же мне сказала, не ожидай
    Мама, а я ж тогда не знала, где ж та беда
    Мама, а ты же мне сказала, время – вода
    Мама, мама, мама, любовь – беда

Мамо, а ти ж мені казала як не жадай
    Мамо, а я ж тоді не знала де ж та біда
    Мамо, а ти ж мені казала час як вода

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.