Turn on thread page Beta

La Roux Appreciation! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    Haha Colourless Colour is SUCH a catchy song! And very apt for Alton Towers flumes hehe. I make sure that I endorse La Roux to all my friends on a regular basis, as well as making sure that they're on in my car whenever I happen to give lifts. It's working :cool:
    I know! It's always in my head :P Haha well done! I managed to convert a friend who normally only listens to stuff from before he was even alive, after showing him a few videos.

On another note I found where she got that necklace after some sleuthing (ok I just googled 'La Roux necklace' :redface: ) It's by a woman called Sylvie Markovina in Sydney. They are available in her website shop. Though at around 240 Australian dollars...http://shop.sylviemarkovina.com/prod...d-mirror-cameo

ReputationRep:
    I heart La Roux. Even some of their less well known stuff is of high quality :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plushymcmuffin)
    I know! It's always in my head :P Haha well done! I managed to convert a friend who normally only listens to stuff from before he was even alive, after showing him a few videos.

On another note I found where she got that necklace after some sleuthing (ok I just googled 'La Roux necklace' :redface: ) It's by a woman called Sylvie Markovina in Sydney. They are available in her website shop. Though at around 240 Australian dollars...http://shop.sylviemarkovina.com/prod...d-mirror-cameo
    COOL! Nice work! We should start up a whole La Roux sleuthing squad to, you know... sleuth :ninja: according to a converter, AUS$240 = £117.25. Best start saving! Alternatively, (with a bit of extra sleuthing) check out this one on the skinted side: http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...4329&langId=-1! Obviously not AS good but that cameo thing seems to be catching

(Original post by !Borek)
    I heart La Roux. Even some of their less well known stuff is of high quality :yep:
    Hear hear! Have you got the album? every song on there could be huuge if they released it, much unlike other albs from other artists...

Also, I was in WHSmith's yesterday waiting for a friend and spotted La Roux on a magazine cover (and therefore obv had to read the article) but I can't for the life of me find/remember the name of it! It was some music magazine that I'd never personally heard of, but if you're in a mag shop anytime soon, look for it! Good 4 page interview + piccies
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've not been able to get In For The Kill out of my head for days, and I quite like bulletproof as well. I don't like many recently released songs to be honest, most artists are ****, but I'm strangely liking la roux at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I am bulletproof, this song is based on my life, this is common knowledge

ReputationRep:
    COOL! Nice work! We should start up a whole La Roux sleuthing squad to, you know... sleuth :ninja: according to a converter, AUS$240 = £117.25. Best start saving! Alternatively, (with a bit of extra sleuthing) check out this one on the skinted side: http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...4329&langId=-1! Obviously not AS good but that cameo thing seems to be catching

Also, I was in WHSmith's yesterday waiting for a friend and spotted La Roux on a magazine cover (and therefore obv had to read the article) but I can't for the life of me find/remember the name of it! It was some music magazine that I'd never personally heard of, but if you're in a mag shop anytime soon, look for it! Good 4 page interview + piccies
    Sorry for the late reply! I was in Venice since Tuesday.

Well £117 is more in my price range but I dunno, I had the window with that necklace open for a while in the background staring at me telling me to buy it but I am such a cheapskate haha I am still unsure. The topshop one is nice too though I have seen a fair amount of cameo stuff lately though not many necklaces more like earrings etc.

I've noticed Elly wears some pretty snazzy shoes too just LOOK at these: http://1.media.tumblr.com/7ipZd4Lqtq...1LZyo1_500.jpg and these : http://9.media.tumblr.com/cElMt1Dvwq...SY4to1_500.jpg

I'd love a pair of shoes like that but I have enough trouble finding normal shoes my size (2 :/) let alone a glorious sparkly pair like those

Was the cover of the magazine rather yellow & gold by any chance? If it was I bought one called Mixmag cause it had a La Roux article in it when I was at Heathrow airport XD. Some sort of dance music/clubbing magazine, not my usual buy but the article looked good *cough* Oh well my sister can use some stuff in it for her DJing stuff so it's not an entire waste of money...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plushymcmuffin)
    Sorry for the late reply! I was in Venice since Tuesday.

Well £117 is more in my price range but I dunno, I had the window with that necklace open for a while in the background staring at me telling me to buy it but I am such a cheapskate haha I am still unsure. The topshop one is nice too though I have seen a fair amount of cameo stuff lately though not many necklaces more like earrings etc.

I've noticed Elly wears some pretty snazzy shoes too just LOOK at these: http://1.media.tumblr.com/7ipZd4Lqtq...1LZyo1_500.jpg and these : http://9.media.tumblr.com/cElMt1Dvwq...SY4to1_500.jpg

I'd love a pair of shoes like that but I have enough trouble finding normal shoes my size (2 :/) let alone a glorious sparkly pair like those

Was the cover of the magazine rather yellow & gold by any chance? If it was I bought one called Mixmag cause it had a La Roux article in it when I was at Heathrow airport XD. Some sort of dance music/clubbing magazine, not my usual buy but the article looked good *cough* Oh well my sister can use some stuff in it for her DJing stuff so it's not an entire waste of money...
    YES! I thought it began with M! I'm sure it made a great plane read :p: how was Venice? I've always wanted to go theeere, jealous! I was going to buy the mag but then realised it was £4.50 or something, and I'd already looked at the pictures read all I needed to anyway hehe...

Those shoes are divinity materialised... I wish I could carry them off ha! Check these out: http://www.office.co.uk/womens/offic.../5592/15933/1/. They have size 3s if that's near enough Office is AMAZING! Love the hi-tops too, scoot around the site and they come in all shapes and colours, love it! Gutted they don't suit me - though I'm working on that :yes:

Also, have you seen the La Roux tshirts which have Elly's silhouette outline on them? They were selling them at the HMV Forum when I went so I bought one and whenever I wear it, it gets a looot of attention! Especially when I wear it to work... (subtle La Roux indoctrination ftw :woo:)

ReputationRep:
    I barely listen to the radio, Watch TV or even go shopping that often though the few times I have over the past month and been exposed to radio and shop music I must have heard La Roux - In For the Kill over 30 times. I can't condone that.

ReputationRep:
    YES! I thought it began with M! I'm sure it made a great plane read :p: how was Venice? I've always wanted to go theeere, jealous! I was going to buy the mag but then realised it was £4.50 or something, and I'd already looked at the pictures read all I needed to anyway hehe...

Those shoes are divinity materialised... I wish I could carry them off ha! Check these out: http://www.office.co.uk/womens/offic.../5592/15933/1/. They have size 3s if that's near enough Office is AMAZING! Love the hi-tops too, scoot around the site and they come in all shapes and colours, love it! Gutted they don't suit me - though I'm working on that :yes:

Also, have you seen the La Roux tshirts which have Elly's silhouette outline on them? They were selling them at the HMV Forum when I went so I bought one and whenever I wear it, it gets a looot of attention! Especially when I wear it to work... (subtle La Roux indoctrination ftw :woo:)
    Haha yeah the La Roux article was interesting & they had some bits on fashion too which were good. Venice was great thanks, it's so beautiful I love all the architecture. Though some of the little cafes were a bit confusing as they were table service but you couldn't always tell if there was a waiter about and once they took so long my dad assumed you had to order at the counter but basically got told off by the woman :eek3:

Oooh those are very nice! There's an Office at the shopping centre near me though I've never actually been in maybe I should now if they are selling THAT kind of thing. Aww why do you think you wouldn't suit them?

I have not seen these t-shirts! :O They sound neato though, the only ones I have seen just say La Roux on which is a bit boring. Haha yes keep indoctrinating people with it

ReputationRep:
    La Roux are so ledge. I saw them on the 26th Nov at Shepherd's Bush and Elly was AMAZING! Really energetic, fab voice, ugly as hell, but apart from that, quallerz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britannys)
    La Roux are so ledge. I saw them on the 26th Nov at Shepherd's Bush and Elly was AMAZING! Really energetic, fab voice, ugly as hell, but apart from that, quallerz!
    I saw them on the 25th at Shepherd's Bush! I agree they put on a really good show and that! The extended Bulletproof was really good. I disagree about the ugly comment though haha.

I met Elly beforehand & she was so lovely! People who seem to think she's some sort of *****y ice maiden have got it all wrong, she was really easy to chat to and everything. And then after In For The Kill she dedicated the song to me and everything, I didn't ask her to or anything :eek3:

Since this is La Roux Appreciation, I may as well show off :P ->

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.