Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    well no ******* **** there are gonna be SOME flags out there, but the fact is that there isn't enough, you're more likely to get in trouble for putting up an england flag because you offend some oversensitive muslim.
    There is not enough, there are some, they are not out there because they offend people of other faiths, nationalities or from different background. It is just not muslims alone who are offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    :proud:
    Revolution, I say, brother, revolution!

ReputationRep:
    well no ******* **** there are gonna be SOME flags out there, but the fact is that there isn't enough, you're more likely to get in trouble for putting up an england flag because you offend some oversensitive muslim.
    And why do you think it offends them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    And why do you think it offends them?
    they are oversensitive fools looking for an excuse to complain

ReputationRep:
    they are oversensitive fools looking for an excuse to complain
    wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    The food, the women, the weather, all great, but just for how backwards it feels living in southern Italy for a few weeks, just really annoys me, the population in the south is ageing so much as you said because of the youth moving north, but you cant just abandon half a country! Still, I do love Italy, but England edges it for me.
    I absolutely love the south. Ok, I've not lived there, but I have visited my fathers friends villa there quite a few times and it's so peaceful and different. The food is also very yummy :yep:

I guess if I lived there though I'd go crazy after a while. No internet = no life

ReputationRep:
    wrong.
    oh please, you come to a foreign country and get offended because you see a flag of that country? ******* ridiculous they have no right to be offended.

why do you think they are offended? hmm?

ReputationRep:
    Does Berlusconi's media empire mean Britain, or is it an indirect swipe at Murdoch??

ReputationRep:
    Because of what it used to symbolize years ago. We all know england wasnt really down with the huge amount of immigrants that "invaded" the country, and back then, a flag outside a window was their way to show that they were not welcome.
    Sorry but in most cases this was the harsh truth.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people always talk about food as if it's only available in the region it came from and a reason to move there?, I can get some Italian food now if I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    They can be so annoying (the ones in London).
    They're obsessed with Italy; they have to have a massive Italian flag hanging in every room of their houses.
    Everyone HAS to know they're Italian. Every single sentence involves "yeah well I'm Italian).
    Everything they do is Italian... everything they say is about how much better it would be if they were in Italy.
    Every single FB status is "FORZA ITALIA!!!!" and they never shut the hell up about winning the football.
    And they all bunch together in little groups of Italianess, because God forbid they should hang out with someone who's not Italian!
    They would never go to an Indian restaurant; hellll no. Every restaurant they go to has to be a derivative of Little Italy. Because they can never get enough of their spaghetti.
    *Sigh*
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMcPete)
    In that case, why are you at a British Uni. Oh, hang on, its because Italian Unis are ****. Or are you going to argue that Universities "dont affect your life directly"? ******* moron, think before typing.
    Lol that statement was to get views against it. wasnt that like from page 1 or 2??? we have moved on now, its page 5! upgrade your internet connection!!!
    By the way italian unis are quite good, as would be the french, german, spanish and so on. Uk universities are not just oxbridge and imperial and ucl..., but also the thames valley and uel. Put more consideration into your next post. Your welcome

ReputationRep:
    piss off you left wing prick, you come to a foreign country and you are expected to integrate with that country's society, you have absolutely no right to be "offended" when you see that country's flag

/end.
    LOL HAHAHAHA. 1) I aint offended. 2) its people like you that let the country down by not incorporating peoples views and opinions into society. stick to your BNP

ReputationRep:
    They are completely different, both have good and bad things.

ReputationRep:
    LOL HAHAHAHA. 1) I aint offended. 2) its people like you that let the country down by not incorporating peoples views and opinions into society. stick to your BNP
    no it's people like you who let the country down and bend over and take it up the ass by immigrants because you are too afraid of "offending" them, rofl grow some balls.

ReputationRep:
    When in Rome, do what Romans do. Why should Britain bend over backwards? Yes in some instances, if it is reasonable, for example offering halal or kosher meat then yeh...but if it is something finding the British flag offensive, they can eff off. It is about finding a middle ground based on common sense.
    What has the BNP got to do with this?

I always wondered why do Italian restaurants based in Britain do not have British flags yet happily display Italian flags?

ReputationRep:
    Italy has nice food :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Great Britain > Italy.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, your too ignorant mate. no point. im trying to provide you with an alternative view to this matter, but your so stuck up in your own little world that you can only see as far as you smell your poo. lol. What you think and believe is not always right. learn that, or trust me mate, you aint going to go far!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, your too ignorant mate. no point. im trying to provide you with an alternative view to this matter, but your so stuck up in your own little world that you can only see as far as you smell your poo. lol. What you think and believe is not always right. learn that, or trust me mate, you aint going to go far!!!
    I'm not ignorant I take pride in my home country the only ignorant person is you, like the guy above said it's about finding a middle ground, I'm all for providing halal/kosher meat etc, but if someone comes to this country and demands that we don't show our flag and that it offends them then they can piss off back to their own country. I bet you think we should have sharia law here too because they are offended by our laws LOL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.