Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    you come to a foreign country and you are expected to integrate with that country's society
    No he isn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not ignorant I take pride in my home country the only ignorant person is you, like the guy above said it's about finding a middle ground, I'm all for providing halal/kosher meat etc, but if someone comes to this country and demands that we don't show our flag and that it offends them then they can piss off back to their own country. I bet you think we should have sharia law here too because they are offended by our laws LOL
    No, being ignorant and taking pride are two different things. Lol, and why would I be ignorant?! because I dont accept your view??! Lol you are an idiot just for thinking that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    No, being ignorant and taking pride are two different things. Lol, and why would I be ignorant?! because I dont accept your view??! Lol you are an idiot just for thinking that!
    and wanting to be able to display your home flag is ignorant?

ReputationRep:
    Italian women are hotter, and let's face it, that's all that counts.

ReputationRep:
    this has taken a side view.
    italian guy do you actually think italy is better in EVERY way?
    if yes you are a moron/troll and can gtfo.
    if no then we can all agree burlesconi is wrong

ReputationRep:
    and wanting to be able to display your home flag is ignorant?
    wtf are you on about??!! your posts are dumming down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    this has taken a side view.
    italian guy do you actually think italy is better in EVERY way?
    if yes you are a moron/troll and can gtfo.
    if no then we can all agree burlesconi is wrong
    Boy read the convo, does it look like its about italy anymore???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    I'm sorry, but no. Italy hasn't been better than Britain since the fall of the Romans. As patriotic as I am, I can recoginse that there are arguments for Germany - and even France - being better than Britain, but Italy? No way, that's just taking the piss.

Higher GDP, better universities, fairer legal system, we don't have dicks like Berlusconi for politicians (yes, he's worse than Brown), better music, London, Aston Martin, better literature, Somerset, we are just better.
    Better literature? Machiavelli, Dante, Petrarch. Boccaccio and I think it's fair to include Roman greats who have never been surpassed: poets like Catullus, Horace, Ovid and Virgil; writers of prose like Julius Ceasar, Pliny, Livy, Seneca and Tacitus.
    Then we have philosophers such as Thomas Aquinas (the most influential Christian philosopher ever ?!), Machiavelli, and Eco.
    Artists such as Boticelli, Da Vinci and Michaelangelo just to start...

Tbh Italy has a far richer cultural heritage. Religiously more significant, architecturally more significant, it's food history is rivalled only by France....

Having said all this the UK does very well economically and is less insular so it has had a far greater impact in influencing the outside world (so we are one of the permanent members on the UN security council).
    And we have our language.

Edit: And Somerset? please... haha Sicily? Tuscany?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    wtf are you on about??!! your posts are dumming down
    you just called me ignorant you dumb ****, apparently I'm ignorant because I think I should be allowed to display my home country's flag according to you

ReputationRep:
    you just called me ignorant you dumb ****, apparently I'm ignorant because I think I should be allowed to display my home country's flag according to you
    No, you are ignorant, but not for that reason. I never said you should not be allowed. my mission has only been the one to make you understand why some people can find the flag offensive. simple as. Now go get yourself some GCSES because you really seem to have a problem understanding, apprehending, and reading standard below average english!
    Go back, read my posts and quote me wherever I said flags are wrong!
    moreover there is no point swearing, I know how to press the buttons in that order too mate! lol. Your prob some little geeky kid trying to look hard in front of the pc. dont bother, you are wasting your time trying to impress me!

ReputationRep:
    Italian food: :nn:

Didn't even bother reading the articles, it was a report by an Italian paper that is owned by Berlusconi. That being said, I would rather move (back) to Britain than move to Italy. It has a much higher standard of living. I don't buy that quality of life argument, that is just a romanticized image of Italy, France, every other Mediterranean country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Italian food: :nn:

Didn't even bother reading the articles, it was a report by an Italian paper that is owned by Berlusconi. That being said, I would rather move (back) to Britain than move to Italy. It has a much higher standard of living. I don't buy that quality of life argument, that is just a romanticized image of Italy, France, every other Mediterranean country.
    You dont like or cant appreciate food made with vibrant, fresh ingredients prepared simply? Do you not like food?

ReputationRep:
    you gotta give it to the italians, they know how to change sides during wars

but as for everything else? well no the uk wins im afraid

germany/denmark/norway would probably the "best" places to live in europe though

ReputationRep:
    This thread has provided me with humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    They can be so annoying (the ones in London).
    They're obsessed with Italy; they have to have a massive Italian flag hanging in every room of their houses.
    Everyone HAS to know they're Italian. Every single sentence involves "yeah well I'm Italian).
    Everything they do is Italian... everything they say is about how much better it would be if they were in Italy.
    Every single FB status is "FORZA ITALIA!!!!" and they never shut the hell up about winning the football.
    And they all bunch together in little groups of Italianess, because God forbid they should hang out with someone who's not Italian!
    They would never go to an Indian restaurant; hellll no. Every restaurant they go to has to be a derivative of Little Italy. Because they can never get enough of their spaghetti.
    *Sigh*
    hahah that was hilarious! Although it sounds a lot like jews so hmmm.

Also you gotta realise Italians > All. So *handinyourfaceemoticon*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    I wish Gordon Brown hired politicans based on looks and their willingness to sleep with him - that's how to run a country.
    Alistair Darling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    You dont like or cant appreciate food made with vibrant, fresh ingredients prepared simply? Do you not like food?
    There's no arguing with taste. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    hahah that was hilarious! Although it sounds a lot like jews so hmmm.

Also you gotta realise Italians > All. So *handinyourfaceemoticon*

*handinyourfaceemoticon*, you mean :hand:

You know what Paulie, you think about Jews FAR too much, why not just convert or something? I found a leaflet the other day from "Jews for Jesus", called "The crisis of Existentialism". Pretty Lulzy, esp. when they quoted Nietzsche.
    You should look into it. :yep:

And Italians>All? I guess that ***** you over then too Arab boy, ai?

Oy vey! :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    There's no arguing with taste. Get over it.
    You cant dislike a whole genre of relatively bland food. It doesnt have strange textures, it's not too spicy, it's not eaten with bits of tree. If you dont like Italian food you dont like any Mediterranean or Western European cuisine. Do you not like meat? Vegetables? Flavour?

ReputationRep:
    I love Italy =D The weathers better than Britain, the pizza and ice cream is the best, better lifestyle overall...love the country, especially Tuscany ( Florence, Arezzo...etc) BUT I like living in britain as well...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.