Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I applied for the Student finance to be income assessed and i sent the details they needed off a few weeks back but they have since sent me a letter saying that it has been non income assessed and i need to sign a declaration form. i have looked on my account and it says approved awaiting signature but i wanted it to be income assessed and they haven't done that so should i wait a bit a longer to finally go through the details i sent ?

Thanks for all your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcusN)
    Hi there,

I applied for the Student finance to be income assessed and i sent the details they needed off a few weeks back but they have since sent me a letter saying that it has been non income assessed and i need to sign a declaration form. i have looked on my account and it says approved awaiting signature but i wanted it to be income assessed and they haven't done that so should i wait a bit a longer to finally go through the details i sent ?

Thanks for all your help.
    There currently non-income assessing everyone that apply and once they get to your evidence (There is a 6-8 week backlog) they will re-asses you and then send you out another financial notification. If you don't sing the declaration, you wont receive anything in September.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    also a lot of student finance correspondance is automated. its really annoying. i got a letter with an invoice bill for around £1000 saying id been overpaid and it needed to be paid back. i wasn't happy as id spent it all and it wasnt my fault they made the mistake!

didnt know what i was gonna do!

then got a letter 2weeks later saying i didnt need to repay, that they got it wrong, and the initial letter was just an automated response blahblahblah! good thing too, id been about to cancel my holiday and getta ****** job to pay for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reece.moore88)
    There currently non-income assessing everyone that apply and once they get to your evidence (There is a 6-8 week backlog) they will re-asses you and then send you out another financial notification. If you don't sing the declaration, you wont receive anything in September.

Hope that helps

yea x2

ReputationRep:
    So we have to sign the declaration and send it, but we will get income assessed at some point?

I didn't apply for income assessment online as I made a mistake but my parents sent some forms off a few days later, best to ring up and check they recieved them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamgazza)
    So we have to sign the declaration and send it, but we will get income assessed at some point?

I didn't apply for income assessment online as I made a mistake but my parents sent some forms off a few days later, best to ring up and check they recieved them?
    Yeah sign the decleration and return it, that way once the recieve your evidence they will just income asses you. Otherwise you won't get anything in september.

You can call them and ask if they have recieved your evidence, it took them just over two months to add my mum to claim!! there so ******* slow!!:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I have still not heard anything from them yet about the student finance being income assessed and i sent the evidence off on the 26th of June.

I sent the declaration off for non income assessed and they received it and approved the application but it hasn't been income assessed so should i ring them up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.