Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

for the girls who aren't going out with 'lookers'... Watch

ReputationRep:
    How much does it bother you if your bf isn't particularly 'attractive?' Do you get comments from others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarantuLove)
    How much does it bother you if your bf isn't particularly 'attractive?' Do you get comments from others?
    There has to be something that attracts you to a person in the first instance. Whether that be charisma or something else. So I shan't say looks are irrelevant (they aren't the be all and end all either), but I would consider other people's opinions on it irrelevant.

But in my experience, I'm not saying as a general rule...just personal experience, the good looking guys I know have turned out to be some of the worst in relationships for hurting their partners.

So, no it wouldn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    Choose me, I'm mingin'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Choose me, I'm mingin'.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    on a similar line, has anyone ever noticed it's only ever attractive girls with less attractive guys in couples, rather than the other way round?

ReputationRep:
    my ex wasnt particularly attractive, it bothered me quite a bit, call me shallow or whatever but if you're not attracted to them how can a relationship last? would just like to say i was initially attracted to him, his personallity helped but this got rapidly worse as time went on and i didnt dump him cos he was fugly. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFearless)
    on a similar line, has anyone ever noticed it's only ever attractive girls with less attractive guys in couples, rather than the other way round?
    Yeah, some of the world's most attractive supermodels go out with, in my opinion, really unattractive males.

ReputationRep:
    I'm extremely fit and I am not shallow or bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can not be attracted to your bf.............without physical attraction he's jus like your friend....

ReputationRep:
    It's not. I've seen some total munters going out with really handsome guys. Especially in Leeds, have you really not noticed? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen quite a few couples where the boy is more attractive than the girl...

ReputationRep:
    Yep OMG you could do so much better?

He looks like a chimp

Those kinda comments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    It's not. I've seen some total munters going out with really handsome guys. Especially in Leeds, have you really not noticed? :eek:
    You are giving me too much hope

ReputationRep:
    I noticed northern guy sare more boob men

I also noticed southern guys are more ass men.

Im generalising something I kinda noticed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    leeds is a special case....haha.

well obviously there are a few exceptions. but generally? i don't know. maybe it's just me. my friends and i noticed it a few years back and there was actually one couple, out of every couple we knew, where we could say confidently that the guy was a lot more attractive than the girl.

maybe the less attractive guys are funnier/have nicer personalities/are generally more desirable as boyfriend material?

I will admit, it bothered me with my ex. When we broke up, all my friends told me I could do much better and that he looked really weird, and in a way I felt silly for not being picky enough about it and lying to myself that it's okay if they're not that attractive to you...

ReputationRep:
    There was once a study done which suggested relationships in which the girl is more attractive than the guy ended up better and lasted longer.

Part of that is that the guy is less susceptible to cheating if he knows he's going out with a very attractive girl.

Makes sense really.

It's odd, when I started going out with my boyfriend my girlfriends were like "omg you could do so much better" but his mates I think thought I was "pulling above my weight".

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm i'm hoping he doesnt read this but my ex boyfriend was according to everyone else reallly, really, unattractive. i never saw it. i thought, and still do think really, that he's the most gorgeous and lovely boy in the world.
    i dont think what initially attracted me to him was his looks, we were very very good friends for a long time and our feelings just ended up developing in that way, but deffo regardless of whether others thought he was bad looking i couldn't see it at all!!
    there are a couple of times since we split up where ive looked at photos and thought 'eeeurgh what was i doing' but mostly... i still think hes hot! it doesnt bother me what everyone else thinks but i do think its quite rude of them to say such things to you about someone you clearly care so much for.

plus he'll never do any better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    I noticed northern guy sare more boob men

I also noticed southern guys are more ass men.

Im generalising something I kinda noticed
    Damn it i need to be down south!!
    :o:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.