Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

for the girls who aren't going out with 'lookers'... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoSp)
    Your mentality is perfect. I love it!
    Yup same LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFearless)
    on a similar line, has anyone ever noticed it's only ever attractive girls with less attractive guys in couples, rather than the other way round?
    the less attractive guys were probably rich

ReputationRep:
    Size 12 is fat in my opnion i hated my self when I was that size sorry if I'm offending any body

ReputationRep:
    The less attractive guys have probably balls.

ReputationRep:
    Who really cares as long as they're happy?

ReputationRep:
    I've known people to call my ex "ugly", and in fairness he doesn't look like Jude Law or Brad Pitt or whatever, but he's amazing to me and attractive to me, and I didn't care what anyone else thought. I just wish he would listen to me and not his so called "friends" and maybe he'd feel happier with himself.

ReputationRep:
    It works both ways though. Some girls I find really fit are considered total mingers by a lot of people, but I still would. Like Debra off The Apprentice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Size 12 is fat in my opnion i hated my self when I was that size sorry if I'm offending any body
    Size 12 is not fat!

Size 16 onwards is fat! unless your preggers that is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whiplash)
    It works both ways though. Some girls I find really fit are considered total mingers by a lot of people, but I still would. Like Debra off The Apprentice.
    Intresting Debra is attactive with the LONG legs :P

But her attitude was like a wet cold fish being used to slap u across the face!

ReputationRep:
    everybody must have something that attracts some one some where, so yeh, what does it matter what other people think of your partner, as long as you are attracted to them then that should be all that matters. And if you aren't attracted to them then whats the point?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? It affects me, though I'm not sure if I can put my finger on how.

There have often been guys that I thought strangely attractive (not ones I knew well at all, mind) that I have gone off after frequent assurances from my friends that the guy in question was in fact exceedingly average if not worse.

But then an ex that springs to mind I found really attractive, despite knowing that a few of my closest friends thought he was leagues below, and knowing that facially he wasn't actually 'good looking'. But then the fact that a lot of girls were constantly trying to jump him meant I still saw him as desired, if not actually good looking.

It seems that no one on this thread recognises that there is no incoherence in thinking someone isn't actually objectively good looking, whilst also finding them atttractive physically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samperry209)
    Intresting Debra is attactive with the LONG legs :P

But her attitude was like a wet cold fish being used to slap u across the face!
    She's just an insecure tough cookie who probably doesn't trust men very much lol.

But yeah, she's got quite a lot to explore there. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It doesn't bother me, because I still love him (plus, there aren't that many lookers up here in Coventry anyway ) Once you've been with someone long enough and love them, you don't care. To me, he is the sexiest man on the planet.

In a way I'm happy, that I get to see a side of him that very few (if any) have seen. And less attractive men are less likely to cheat :p:

Yeah, he's not traditionally attractive, but we've got something together that absolutely none of our mates do.

ReputationRep:
    She's just an insecure tough cookie who probably doesn't trust men very much lol.

But yeah, she's got quite a lot to explore there. :p:
    Hmm yes insecurity did spring to mind...Mind u she was the 2nd youngest there i think?? 23?

ReputationRep:
    Size 12 is not fat!

Size 16 onwards is fat! unless your preggers that is
    i doubt you would look at me twice at size 12

ReputationRep:
    I actually probs would but i Would need to see a picture to give you a better answer LOL not suggesting anything here

ReputationRep:
    I actually probs would but i Would need to see a picture to give you a better answer LOL not suggesting anything here
    Each to their own... take on fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFearless)
    on a similar line, has anyone ever noticed it's only ever attractive girls with less attractive guys in couples, rather than the other way round?
    I have. Which is why I say to myself " How an earth is he with that hot chick ". Then I just roll my eyes and continue with whatever I was doing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    She is really pretty, I want blue eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Each to their own... take on fat
    Yup i'd rather have curves then a stick insect

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.