Turn on thread page Beta

Should the cane come back in to schools? watch

ReputationRep:
    I would say yes. The cane would stop those messing around class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    Yes because it is better than getting detention

ReputationRep:
    You learn something. Staying after school does not work anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't give a **** if ppl mess around really...I mean for a whole double period, we distracted the teacher by talking about canibals in Germany!

ReputationRep:
    Caning yes if there was a 95%+ detection limit.

You would be gutted if you got caned and you was innocent.
    If we bring back the cane, I say we bring back capital punishment.

Street slang where I live (Manchester) goes like this:

"Aww he got caned" - this means he got battered. T
    he name cane should be changed to garden feature to avoid confusion, because it is most likely the cane came from a garden centre such as Focus.

ReputationRep:
    That life. I would much more have the cane. Would you

ReputationRep:
    if they could lock nasty people in tiny rooms in solitary confinement to be forced to do work that'd be good. they could have the light adjusted (give them a headache), temperature adjusted (make them cold or warm and sleepy) and annoying background noise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    if they could lock nasty people in tiny rooms in solitary confinement to be forced to do work that'd be good. they could have the light adjusted (give them a headache), temperature adjusted (make them cold or warm and sleepy) and annoying background noise.
    elevator music...

ReputationRep:
    nope, just kick retards out let them be poor scummers

ReputationRep:
    I definitely agree with bringing back the cane. Most people that misbehave regularly are unaffected by other means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    I definitely agree with bringing back the cane. Most people that misbehave regularly are unaffected by other means.
    Does that include haemophiliacs?

ReputationRep:
    canes? I'm totally against them! They wouldn't work, it's too much for today's kids to cope with.

Give the teachers guns to kill little bas*ards.

ReputationRep:
    if any teacher dared to try to cane me i'd beat the living **** out of them.

ReputationRep:
    wonder how much it hurt

ReputationRep:
    wonder how much the cane would hurt. Anyway theres no point coz kids these days would lagh at the idea and just run away

ReputationRep:
    well i don't believe in the thing........if u spare the rod u spare the child! im totally against cane *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    it might sound stupid but if the cane was brought back and say a lad fancied a young female teacher do u not think hed misbehave on purpose lol.

ReputationRep:
    The cane should definitely come back. It would certainly act as a deterrent to the idiots that disrupt the lessons for everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it should come back! Kids these days have no respect for adults or their environment. The teachers are a joke to them, and any punishment our weak-system gives them fails miserably. Violence is the only thing they understand and the only thing that will work. Since the cane was banned, kids have got worse and teachers are frightened to enter the classroom.

ReputationRep:
    it is better to reinforce good behaviour than to punish bad behaviour.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.