Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...in a cereal bowl with milk and sugar like every other cornflakes eaters...or not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...morgan-stanley has caused a huge stir in the business world.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...e-media-habits

So...over to you - how much truth is there in this? Does this report reflect your habits and those of your friends?

ReputationRep:
    'Most teenagers with a games console tend to game not in short bursts, but in long stints (upwards of an hour)'

I'm pretty sure it becomes inefficient to play games in 30 minute stints.

ReputationRep:
    I'd actually agree with most of that.
    It seems more geared towards younger teens than people my age (19), but it still holds quite true. With the exception of the mobile phone section, as most of my friends (and myself) have contract phones. And I know quite a lot of people who do use twitter.

ReputationRep:
    The most of that is probabaly true its just the society that we live in at the minute it seems.
    I think this is so true :

hey are very reluctant to pay for it (most never having bought a CD) and a large majority (8/10) downloading it illegally from file sharing sites. Legal ways to get free music that teenagers use are to listen to the radio, watch music TV channels (not very popular, as these usually play music at certain times, which is not always when teenagers are watching) and use music streaming websites (as I mentioned previously).

90% of downloads are illegal, something I dont do as I have a friend in the music industry, its crippling the Music industry, when people use lime wire that pisses me off, my friend downloaded the new linkin park song from there, I thought it was a pretty tight thing to do as it would have cost like 3 squid on i tunes.

Wow that was actually an okay read, it is a pretty accurate report in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    'Most people have Virgin Media as a TV provider. Some have Sky and some have Freeview'

I'm pretty sure more people have Sky than Virgin.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the purpose of that report. It seems to be stating the obvious?

I laughed at this:

What is hot?

• Anything with a touch screen is desirable.

• Mobile phones with large capacities for music.

• Portable devices that can connect to the internet (iPhones)

• Really big tellies

What is not?

• Anything with wires

• Phones with black and white screens

• Clunky 'brick' phones

• Devices with less than ten-hour battery life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    I don't understand the purpose of that report. It seems to be stating the obvious?
    Not to people who spend all day surrounded by men in grey suits it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the thought of Newspapers (literally) not being around in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish, at least when you get past 15.
    I read the FT. Holy crap, what is the world coming to? :O

ReputationRep:
    I thought everyone knew this information?

ReputationRep:
    Rather accurate in my opinion and most points seem to apply to myself minus the pay as you go phone, ipod and television. They are right about the newspapers though, I won't buy a broadsheet because of the size and I can usually just read the stories online.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else read it all in the voice of David Attenborough?

Bang on, apart from
    1) Sky is much more popular than Virgin Media, in fact I don't know anyone who has Virgin Media
    2) I read newspapers, I'll always get a copy of The Times if I'm out somewhere and I have nothing better to do.

ReputationRep:
    ...The lower age ranges, perhaps.

Most of the people I know (17-21) read at least one newspaper, won't touch Twitter with a barge pole in the first place, and couldn't care less which sort of Mobile Phone they use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)

I laughed at this:
    Lolzz I thought it was ******* obvious straight away, anyone could've asked me and I would've told them straight up in a second. What is this guy getting paid to point out friggin obvious facts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    The most of that is probabaly true its just the society that we live in at the minute it seems.
    I think this is so true :

hey are very reluctant to pay for it (most never having bought a CD) and a large majority (8/10) downloading it illegally from file sharing sites. Legal ways to get free music that teenagers use are to listen to the radio, watch music TV channels (not very popular, as these usually play music at certain times, which is not always when teenagers are watching) and use music streaming websites (as I mentioned previously).

90% of downloads are illegal, something I dont do as I have a friend in the music industry, its crippling the Music industry, when people use lime wire that pisses me off, my friend downloaded the new linkin park song from there, I thought it was a pretty tight thing to do as it would have cost like 3 squid on i tunes.
    - itunes music comes with restrictive DRM. The song isn't actually yours as you aren't free to do what you want with it
    - its not crippling the music industry. its crippling the big name record companies who are reluctant to change. Frankly, those big companies can go to hell, they are irrelevant now. Any good artist gets excellent exposure via the web.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    - itunes music comes with restrictive DRM. The song isn't actually yours as you aren't free to do what you want with it
    - its not crippling the music industry. its crippling the big name record companies who are reluctant to change. Frankly, those big companies can go to hell, they are irrelevant now. Any good artist gets excellent exposure via the web.
    ok then go buy it in the shop its still better than downlaoding from limewire
    and yes it is, music sales have plummted whilst illgeal downloads have rocketed which is causing the industry to contract

ReputationRep:
    Half of this information is probably researched and the rest has been made up.

A lot of people at school had contract phones, but I used a PayGo. A lot of people are keen on updating their phone a lot, maybe once a year.

He says console games are almost impossible to obtain for free. Many people I know download their games and put them on to disc for a "chipped" console.

ReputationRep:
    That first 'article' was a boring piece of **** so i stopped reading.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.