Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel old just reading that... I've never spoken to someone through a computer, don't stream music... Never even play computer games...

ReputationRep:
    This only backs up my pre-concieved notion that banking and finance are all about common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlosb)
    They shouldn't be amazed with the kid, they should be embarrassed for not knowing all those things already.
    Exactly, I wrote something similar last year for Media studies!

ReputationRep:
    I think the kid has got his career and life path set now.

Although he claims to have understood the banks in a week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    I feel like I'm spamming General Discussion with one too many articles but I found this interesting and a little annoying - maybe I'm just jealous but what the kid explains is common sense and some of it is a little generalised but that could be because author has summarised the kids thoughts a little too much.

ARTICLE: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6703399.ece
    i think its a ******* outrage im jealous too i could have been that kid everyone knows what hes saying is true

ReputationRep:
    Well I've read the papers since I was about 12...

I was reading the FT at the age of 15. What is happening to society??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsabax)
    i think its a ******* outrage im jealous too i could have been that kid everyone knows what hes saying is true
    It is quite funny, how everyone knows what he's saying.. (hell, I even knew before I was 15 that internet ads are a waste of space, after a while you tune out and manage to completely ignore them) .. but he's the one getting all the credit for pointing it out.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh we all already knew that like 5 years ago!

this just shows how stupid bankers are.

ReputationRep:
    The PC is so much more than a radio, though. Why bankers were amazed by this, I do not know.

It's pretty much stating the obvious to an observer. I'm not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    No wonder we're in a recession, if the bankers were amazed by this common knowledge then they must be retards.
    Amazing really.

Given it's written by a 15 year old on work experience and doesn't attempt to be statistically rigourous he's not done too badly.I think it rather alarming though that such a report seems to be news to quite a lot of investment bankers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Captain Obvious published a similar report.
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    No wonder we're in a recession, if the bankers were amazed by this common knowledge then they must be retards.

I very much doubt anybody was amazed by this. Most of the article is spin from the author.

ReputationRep:
    All pretty obvious stuff really, though I read newspapers cause I get them free and haven't bought pirated DVDs, other than that spot on. Oh and I go to the cinema more now then I used to. Come to think of it I don't fit too well....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Captain Obvious published a similar report.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Also, for the cost of one tweet you could send quite a few text messages.
    Is he implying that twitter costs money, or did I just read that wrong? :wtf:

Also I really fit into very little of what he's talking about. This is creating a strange sensation of pride.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, not impressed at all. Glaringly obvious stuff there and not even written in a particularly sophisticated manner.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'm not even a teenager though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    Every teen knows that, just no one has bothered to get all keen and write it.
    I don't think there's even a point in writing it. One would've thought that sort of thing is just common knowledge.

(Original post by Clements-)
    This.
    This.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.