Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Eh, so according to him most teenagers contact their friends through their games console?

No, just no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    ok then go buy it in the shop its still better than downlaoding from limewire
    and yes it is, music sales have plummted whilst illgeal downloads have rocketed which is causing the industry to contract
    CD sales have plummeted. They are obsolete. Are you going to blame pirates for the decrease in cassette tape sales?..no. The music industry needs to innovate and until it does, I'm all for file-sharing. Show me a DRM free, subscription based download service with every song I want, then we can talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayke)
    I think the kid has got his career and life path set now.

Although he claims to have understood the banks in a week...
    He has, he now knows how bankers are easily impressed with obvious things.:p: But some of the obvious things he has wrote in his article appear to be just things nerds are into, not all of us like talking over the phone whilst playing COD4 or want a touch screen phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew Robson)
    It’s aimed at adults,” he said. “Stephen Fry is not particularly cool.
    This kid doesn't know anything!

ReputationRep:
    wow how obvious is this article.
    And it is amazing bankers? That sure is worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayke)
    It is quite funny, how everyone knows what he's saying.. (hell, I even knew before I was 15 that internet ads are a waste of space, after a while you tune out and manage to completely ignore them) .. but he's the one getting all the credit for pointing it out.
    i no its like an opinion that doesnt even need to be voiced its that obvious i bet he gets paid for his report too and becomes like really famous.. and its like common sense noones gonna look at any of the interesting internet ads anyways cos theyre scared its like a scam company anyways and would prefer to google the website than click the ad and get a virus

ReputationRep:
    Naaaaat true......I have pay as you go, buy CDs, use the phone because I don't want to pay £200 for a console, played an RPG, read newspapers and go to the cinema.
    But honestly, this isn't exactly "breaking news", everyone knew it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    In other words, get a representative of the market research they're trying to do to compile a list themselves, and gain a greater insight than can be gleaned from purely asking them.

Journalist: "Under 18's are capable of things? Now that's a story!"

So basically:

Dog molests another dog.
    Dogs' owners chat.
    Chat results in son lucking a work experience placement.
    Son states obvious.
    Son has life set out for him.

And they say you need to work hard to do well in life :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    Is he implying that twitter costs money, or did I just read that wrong? :wtf:

Also I really fit into very little of what he's talking about. This is creating a strange sensation of pride.
    Being different :five:

ReputationRep:
    I think we all overestimate the adult world's ability to understand and relate to young people. The fact that stuff like this isn't common knowledge shows that even in 'the city' where there are loads of young yuppie types, they're still out of touch with the younger generation.

I mean, some of it isn't quite true, but quite a lot of it is and I'm 19. I'm sure for 15 year olds most of it holds true.

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Fry is paticularly cool. What a little douche.

ReputationRep:
    As if he speaks to girls.

ReputationRep:
    Any adult browsing TSR for a few hours could determine most, if not all of those things...

Jesus some people are stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    This.
    Tits.

Oh no, I got it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :awesome:
    I like reading the paper and going to the cinema, dammit!
    Also he clearly has no idea about Orange Wednesdays. Not so insightful now, is he! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Stephen Fry is paticularly cool. What a little douche.
    Exactly. Although, I'm not a teenager, so I guess my oppinion doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Oh you're definitely special...special needs

:yes:

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    Tits.

Oh no, I got it wrong.

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    Exactly. Although, I'm not a teenager, so I guess my oppinion doesn't count.
    Old people are not welcome :shifty:

Off to the retirement homes with you 20+ year olds!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.